“Great Stay and Great Property”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Kingston, New Hampshire
“Great Stay and Great Property”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a great hotel not far from the Albany Airport. The front desk staff was very helpful, the fitness center was in great condition and open 24 hours and the evening reception dinner/drink area was awesome. I definitely recommend this location when visiting the Albany area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Iowa_Brett
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for this excellent review of our hotel and our services. I hope everyone takes you up opn your recommendation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Achterveld, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was our first experience with the Homewood Suites concept and it was a great success. Huge rooms with a sitting area and kitchen. Nice hot breakfast included in the rate. Good location, close to the airport and the Colony Mall. Friendly service. In short, perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PvLAchterveld
Wow! Thank you so much for a "perfect" review...we'll take it!
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2012

After noticing that the hotel manager actually takes his time to respond to each review, I decided to update my review to show my appreciation and give everyone an in depth review of this hotel.

I stayed here for almost half year on an official assignment. I truly enjoyed staying here. Most of the frontdesk and general staff were great. Some defintely paid more attention than others. The managers of this hotel pays extra attention to long term guests' need. For a long term stay it is vital that staff gives extra attention to the guest and knows what she/he prefers and they mainly did just that in my case. After a week or so the complimentary dinner gets really boaring as similar menu repeats week after week. My favorites dinner nights were every thursday (since it was the grill night). Thanks to the stove and kitchenware, I often made my own dinner. They also offers decent and much better than its competitors breakfast option.

The hotel is situated near the freeway and one a main street. So, you can basically find whatever you are looking for and get in/out fast. It was very convenient for me to get to work from this location. I'm not a winter person but when summer arrived I was loving this hotel for it's well groomed outdoor greenary. My wife was super excited to find bunnies that live around the hotel. She literally took hundreads of photo of them and looked forward to her weekend visits (just to see the bunnies). With a fullsize one bedroom option, it truly felt like home. The features of the room had very little shortfall. Here are my suggestions on how to give the room a facelift. If possible, better mattress option (it's good but can be great); if possible, install ventilation system in the kitchen; if possible, better sofa set would be awesome.

A very decent workout facility is located right in the hotel. I also enjoyed the pool and the basketball court. The dining hall is a great place to host a large party. There are small private rooms available for parties. We basically took advantage of all the amenities this hotel offered.

The only complain I have about this hotel is its housekeeping service. They should assign no more than two maid to clean a long term guest's room. So, whenever someone other than the regular maid came to service my room, often they would shift things around. I'm very neat and super picky about how I like my things arranged. The housekeeping manager was great and she fulfilled all my requests. However, I really hate to repetitively complain about little things, so, after mentioning it cople of time I decided not to make a big deal about it. These are minor things but it matters. What bothered me the most is when they ran the dishwasher for a cup or spoon. A huge waste of resources. Often I put away a dirty cup for later so that they don't run the dishwasher for one item.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AKrulzNY
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you, once again, for a really great and honest review. This is how we will become an even better hotel. You going back and adding to your original review is so awesome. It's really special when our guests care so much to do something like this. We appreciate it so much and can't wait to have you back, AK!
New York
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a double queen suite for the weekend with our two teen boys. It was enough space but wish the living area was a bit bigger. On our second day there we left for the morning and most of the afternoon coming back at 3:30 and our room had yet to be cleaned. We called and asked to have our room cleaned and left to go to pool. When we came back to the suite the housekeeper still was not there and it was 5:00 when she finally showed up. There also was stains in the blanket on the one bed that was changed when we requested it. Having said that i think overall this is a very clean hotel and obviously well kept. Breakfast was excellent every morning and the omelette station was a great add on to breakfast. The service at the front desk and during breakfast was very good and the basketball court was a big hit with my two teen boys. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tra99
Thank you for a very nice review of our hotel, even given the fact that you weren't totally satisfied. I appreciate your honesty and understanding. I'm sorry that you had to wait such a long time to have your room tended to. We'll be better next time. I promise!
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Actually, there are a number of reasons. The facility itself is clean and well kept. They also serve a solid breakfast and dinner, along with a small selection of tasty adult beverages during the evening meal. Don't miss the omlette bar on Saturday morning.

The prime reason they stay at the top is the staff. I've been there around a month, and stopped by the desk on several occasions to ask questions about the area. Regardless of who you encounter, they're always friendly and more than willing to help. It's not just the ladies at the desk either, the entire staff seems to have it figured out.

In many cases, customer service and attention to detail are foreign concepts, regardless of the type of business you're dealing with. My stay here has been a refreshing change of pace.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim B
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for this awesome review. We have been trying hard to educate our front desk staff on the hotel, the area, and the goings on in the area and this shows us that something is working! Our entire staff understands that we are here for you. A little secret I don't mind sharing is that we do not hire based on experience but do so based on attitude and personality. It is our belief that anyone can be trained to work a front desk or clean a room but attitude and personality cannot be. The hospitality business is either for you or not for you and we try to select people that belong in this industry. I think we're doing a good job but know we can always do better.
New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Very well kept and maintained hotel with an accomodating staff. The breakfast was firstrate.It was located near Rt 87 for convenience and about 20 minutes from Saratoga Springs racetrack. The property and building was quite large so it was quite a walk through the maze to get to their room. My only complaint was with the front door. It was an automatic revolving door that had a motion detector to start it going. That door made me uneasy as it was difficult to navigate through that door especialy with luggage. There was a side door for luggage carts and those on wheels. This door was dangerous especially for children. Upon checking out I did see a 2 year old child get hurt. Change the door to sliders.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for a great review of our hotel and staff. It's a shame that the revolving door speed affected our rating. There is a "slow" button on the door that slightly decreases the speed and, as you mentioned, a door adjacent to the revolving door that is better suited for unaccompanied children and those with a lot of luggage or using a luggage cart. I hope this information helps all future guests and hopefully we'll see you again soon!
San Francisco
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I'm a little hesitant to give this place five stars since it is a chain hotel, but I have to say, even given all of the positive reviews, I was impressed. I expected something like a Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden inn or other motel chain. This place is different. The rooms are large and very comfortable. They have thought of every detail. The bed was really comfortable and actually pretty elegantly fitted out. I loved having the kitchen area with full refrigerator, sink, and microwave as well as a nice desk area. Although we were right on the highway, our room was quiet (we faced the pool rather than the road). During a week of travel, moving both of my kids into college, staying at chains as well as boutique places and bed and breakfast Inns, this was the most comfortable. My only complaint is that it wasn't cheap - but the other places weren't either and here we got a lot more for our money. Also, I was so surprised how spacious the breakfast area was. There was even an outdoor patio for eating. And the staff could not have been nicer. This is a case in which the reviews do not lie!

Room Tip: I would suggest a room facing the pool rather than the highway.