“Predictable in a very good way”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Glenview, Illinois
“Predictable in a very good way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Easy to see why this hotel gets such good reviews. Everything done well. Best part was the very friendly smile and help by staff at the desk. The included breakfast was well done and included pancakes made by each guest. My family of 6 is now disappointed when we don't stay at a Homewood Suites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thanks for a very good review. We're so happy to hear that your family enjoyed the hotel so much. We can't wait to have you back. Perhaps think about us for your NYE plans...I don't think there's a better place in town for a family to spend NYE together!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I can see why this hotel is rated number 1 in Albany! We stayed for one night during our annual family road trip with our four young children. They upgraded us to a 2-room suite- this was a real treat for my husband and I to have our own bathroom. The hotel is very clean, updated, and has nice decor. The pool is clean, and is bright with the natural lighting from the many windows- My kids loved it. The hot tub is a perfect size and had great jets- I loved it. Immediately outside the pool is an outside BBQ area with large round tables- we enjoyed eating our take-out dinner there. The fitness facility is great- 3 treadmills, 1 stationary bike, 2 ellipticalls, and free weights. It is bright, cheerful, is well ventilated, and had a nice cool temperature. It is open 24 hours. Bring your headphones- each piece of equipment has it's OWN attached TV. There are a lot of channels though some had poor reception. Be prepared for a long work-out if you find a good movie like I did! The staff was very nice and everyone was so friendly and seemed genuinely happy- even housekeeping! Other nice perks include free wireless internet and laundry is free (the laundry soap costs 75 cents). I would absolutely recommend this hotel!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so very much for an outstanding review. We truly love that you took notice to our newly remodeled fitness center. We put a lot of thought and effort into improving that space and we think we did a great job, so it's nice to hear some feedback. By the way, we have plenty of complimentary ear buds to give out to our guests in need!
Salem, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was here for work for 5 months, and I only have one complaint: They want the guests to be as at home as possible; at my home, my room is a mess and no one makes me breakfast everyday. This was the greatest hotel experience I have EVER had. Every member of the staff was kind and approachable. This is the kind of place "where everybody knows your name, and you're always glad you came." Thursday night cookouts were perfect for summer! The only drawback was that I eventually had to leave. Amazing service, amazing staff, amazing stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you so much! It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and hopefully one day soon we will see you back here. We know there are so many options when choosing a hotel to stay at and we're so glad you chose us! This was a great review from a great guy. Thank you for everything...
Cortlandt Manor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Starbucks coffee was our treat as we checked in at 5pm. Perfect after our two hour drive with our 17 and 9 year old children. Overnight stay as we were attending the Liberty Games in Schnectady the next day. Our queen suite included two queen beds and pull out couch...perfect space for a family of 4. Our first order of business was the kids getting into the pool. They lounged in the jacuzzi after swimming. Got them snacks from the hotel sweet shop (very reasonably priced) and they were off. We ordered kids dinner from a local wing place. The front desk provided menus for us to wade through. Food was delivered to our room by the time they were back from the pool.

Now that the kids were fed, my husband and I were able to walk to a restaurant just a few minutes away. Reel Seafood was the perfect spot. Short walk and the hotel shuttle was available to pick us up after dinner. The shuttle is available 24 hours. We didn't need the shuttle, but it was great to have the option. Back to our room - comfortable bed and TV with great channel selection.

Breakfast in the morning was a joy. Fresh fruit was the highlight. Made to order waffles with cinnamon and whipped cream was a hit with my daughter. We made breakfast sandwiches. Staff was available keeping the buffet plentiful and clearing tables.

A return visit is definite!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for this incredible review of our hotel and services. We couldn't be happier that you and your family enjoyed the hotel so much. I certainly hope that we see you back real soon!
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

My daughter and I loved this hotel. If we could move in, we would!

We arrived for a weekend stay and the room we requested online was not available. We were given a two-bedroom suite instead! All that room was very luxurious, having two bathrooms when travelling with a teenager was definitely a benefit! Our room was on an upper floor in the rear of the hotel, near the Northway, and was still very quiet. We were not bothered by road noise at all. The windows open slightly (always appreciated) and when we had them open was the only time we could hear highway noise.

Breakfast was above average; my only problem as a daily oatmeal eater was that the kitchen only made oatmeal every other day (alternating with pancakes). The waffles, my daughter's favorite, were available daily. What was great was that the dining room staff noticed my oatmeal dilemma and had the cook make up an individual bowl of oatmeal for me!

This type of thing really sets this hotel apart. They put a great emphasis on excellence in customer service and in my opinion surpass their goal. Staff at all levels are friendly, more than accommodating and are sincerely interested in customer comfort. Everyone has a smile and a pleasant comment. They really seem happy to be there.

Kudos to the staff and management for creating such a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests.

We'll return just to experience the hospitality!

Room Tip: We are picky about rooms and toured several before ending up with one at the rear of the hotel. Ther...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for an "Amazing" review! We are always so grateful when guests take the time to tell everyone about their experience here. I just wanted to touch on how you mentioned that we didn't serve the oatmeal every day. We do change our menu day to day because we are an extended stay hotel. We have guests that stay with us for weeks and even months at a time and we think it is most beneficial to them to not serve the "same old thing" day after day. However, as you experienced and noted, we are always more than happy to get you whatever you like. Once more, thank you so much and I hope we'll see you soon!
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very well-appointed rooms, super-comfortable beds, flat-screen TV's, spacious, uncluttered floor plans. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway if you like quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jpewtherer
, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Simple, to the point, awesome, and very much appreciated. That's how I would describe your review. Thank you so much!
Goshen, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I frequently stay at Homewood Suite properties when on business. This is one of the better ones that I have stayed at. Rooms are very clean and the staff is super friendly. Will definitely repeat when in the area. And don't forget that there is a meal served in the evening Monday thru Thursday.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review. As I always say, it is very kind of our guests to take time out of their day to post a review here. We could not be happier and absolutely cannot wait to have you back.