“Best run Hilton property I have ever stayed at.”

and 1 more site!
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Staff from top to bottom cannot do enough to please you. An excellent value with full breakfast and dinner included. Great location. The only place I would stay in Albany.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Thank you. Reviews like this make our jobs so much fun and rewarding. It feels so good to know that our hard work does not go unnoticed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed April 20, 2011

The hotel is always clean, the food of good quality, and the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff sets the Homewood Suites in Albany apart, Matt Cudemo, Robert Huber all the way to the kitchen and housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your very nice comments about the hotel and our staff. We do ALL work very hard and when a guest takes the time to recognize us for it, we couldn't be more grateful. Thank you, once again.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Homewood Suites for the first time April 15, 2011. As we are both fans of the Hilton Hotels, and did not have a reservation upon arriving in Albany, we passed the Homewood Suites and decided to check it out. We were both pleasantly surprised to find the rates were reasonable and the room (King Bed Suite) was what we received, was without a doubt one of the nicest places we have had the pleasure of staying in. The decor was tastefully done, the bed was extremely comfortable and the staff excellant.
Upon entering the room we found a complete unit including a kitchen fully furnished, a living area complete with a sofa (Bed), flat screen television and free laundry. The hotel staff even included the laundry detergent, complete with fabric sofener. I would rate this hotel as the best we have ever stayed in. Since our retirement last year, both of us have done quite a bit of travel and rate this hotel as the best ever.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel would be the best room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

We are quite impressed with your review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on such a stage as this. I hope that we see you again on your next trip through Albany.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed here several days for business and will be staying again soon. Next visit will be bringing a group with many diverse individual needs / handicaps.

First off, this hotel is immensely clean throughout the hotel. It is so clean and well kept that it appears new even though it is 5 years old. My compliments to the housekeeping staff and the administration.

Throughout ALL the hotel services, I uniformly found hotel employees willing to "go the extra mile" with helpful suggestions, and very willing to do anything possible to make your stay pleasanter.

Special considerations for gluten free diet were entertained by staff from the pantry servers to the hotel administration. They are actively investigating how to incorporate gluten free items in the breakfast, and, if a traveler makes them aware of this, they will go out of their way to accomodate. I indicated difficulty finding things I could eat at breakfast and found a tray of gluten free muffins, bagels, and cookies waiting for me in my room when I returned. The other GF items at breakfast are hard boiled eggs, fresh cut up fruit, tea and coffee. Occasionally they make fresh eggs in the kitchen, not pre-prepared egg dishes ( with gluten). Whenever they make their own fresh eggs, these will be safe as the eggs are the only item ever cooked on the grill. I was extremely touched by their thoughtfulness and the extra effort they made to go out to a local gluten free bakery and buy these items for me. Traveling is always difficult, and traveling gluten free even more challenging.
They also serve dinner for guests, but this is largely pre-pared and rewarmed and not safe for gluten free traveler except for the fresh salad and fixings ( mix of wild type baby lettuces, small uncut tomatoes, cucumber slices, red onion slices and edamame ( soybeans). I was always glad to have a bit of salad and some of the free wine they offer with dinner before I went and got my own dinner. The dinners they offer generally are a pasta, a meat, and a vegetable. These are warmed in the kitchen and then put in steamers and self-served buffet style. I did not check any ingredients, but if a diner wishes to - the kitchen staff does have these from the boxes and will get them for you upon request.

Additionally, in making arrangements for the group I will be bringing here shortly, I required many very specific needs and handicaps to be accomodated for several individuals. I was given a great deal of helpful suggestions and cooperation on addressing these issues from all the staff ranging from level headed housekeeping staff to the accomodating front desk staff and the hotel administration. Because of these needs, I wanted to see several room types to evaluate their functionality for the individuals. This was arranged without any difficulty and all my issues were handled very professionally and completely. I was never made to feel I was asking too much or creating a fuss.Additionally, their chain of command is appropriate and efficient. Although all the persons are knowledgeable in their area, I was quite appropriately handed upwards as needed. I was very impressed. They really and truly do try to make things work out for all the travelers they have.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank neverstoptraveling
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

This is an incredible review of our hotel, our staff, and our service. We cannot thank you enough. I only hope that we can be just as impressive to your group that will be staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to recognize us.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Accommodations:
The suites are large, comfortable, with a modern yet warm and inviting atmosphere.The entire hotel is impeccably Clean, with up to date security systems to assure peace of mind. They include all the comforts of home, as well as offer a multitude of modern conveniences. The Lounge with it's fire place has large comfortable upscale furnishings for a friendly and relaxing retreat. There is a large pool and whirlpool, as well as easily accessible laundry facilities, a gym and an outside basketball court. The hotel lacks nothing to welcome you and give you that "home away from home" feeling.

Staff:
The staff is obviously hand picked for their incredible personality and attention to service ethics. They are courteous, friendly, personable and cater to their guests. Each one is always cheery and eager to please. They enjoy their jobs and it shows in the way they handle their guests and their individual needs. Management is TOP NOTCH, showing special attention to even the smallest of details. Housekeeping is on top of their game and maintenance misses nothing. They are fast, efficient and friendly regardless of what they are doing. I have never seen ANY hotel with a staff as professional and warm as the Entire staff at Homewood Suites. Beginning with management and their "on hands" approach, the staffing chain keeps the hotel running like a fine tuned "home".

Food:
The awards they have won for their food is deserved and a true testament to their daily menu! They are a hotel producing restaurant quality dining. There is an abundance of food at all times, fresh,delicious and plentiful. The outside courtyard boasts grills for guest use, as well as the hotel themselves serving up grilled delicacies. It is always clean, with extended dining hours
to accommodate all and 24 hour items for your convenience.
Location:
The hotel has one of the best locations locally for easy access to the main highway. It is quiet, with a stunning building on beautifully landscaped property. It is minutes, in any direction, to shopping, restaurants, downtown Albany and everything you could want with all theluxury and comforts of home.

Room Tip: Every room is a great room!
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

So, did you enjoy your stay? : ) WOW! Thank you for just an incredible review and thank you for recognizing each of our departments and the work we do. We are so very grateful to you.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Newer hotel with an Excellent breakfast. Breakfast staff kept a wide variety of choices fresh and filled throughout my 3 day stay. Room was nice and very clean.
Had one minor issue with the hotel alarm clock that had not been adjusted due to daylight savings time. Ended up to be ridiculously difficult to change. Hotel staff should have made that change in my opinion.
Horseshoe shaped hotel - persons with limited mobility may want to request a room on the east or northeast side of the hotel. West side is a bit of a walk from the front desk and breakfast room.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Thank you for this review. Although we are almost 5 years old, it's so nice to still be referred to as "newer"! I am very sorry about the alarm clock issue. You are right. We should have adjusted the clock and you shouldn't have had to worry about it at all. This is a great review and we are very glad that you liked us and will recommend us.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

No complaints at all - room was large, clean, modern, and even though facing the interstate, traffic noise was not an issue.

Good selection of quality "chain" restaurants a mile down Wolf Road - eg Cheesecake Factory.

Complimentary full breakfast was passable.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Your review is much appreciated. I am especially pleased that you mentioned the traffic noise not being an issue! Thank you for another positive review and we hope that you stopover in Albany more often.