1,154 results
All reviewsfront deskvalet parkingpalace theatrewithin walking distancepearl streetvalet servicebars and restaurantscomplimentary breakfastparking lottimes union centerempire state plazabusiness tripvery nice hotelnew yorkthe breakfast areayogurtwallace
Reviewed April 14, 2007

I stay in Albany once a month and have sampled a variety of hotels. This is the best location and value for the money. Nice rooms, nice lobby and great location. Bed was comfortable and linens were good. Walls needed to be redone on my floor. Bar attached to the hotel was also nice

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank nicole v
Reviewed March 29, 2007

Where to start...

We had booked a king sized room and upon arrival had been given a room with two double beds. That problem was quickly fixed, but when we got into out king room we noticed a few things...

1) The bathroom shelf had a layer of dust so thick you could write in it, and placed upon that dust were our towels!

2) The soap dish still had a pink soapy residue in it from the last person

3) the garbage cans did not have any bags, and one even had garbage in it

4) The wireless internet did not work at all

5) Thier breakfast is described as "rotating" but they put the same items out two days in a row. There was no pancakes, waffles or anything like that. Just cold sausage, hard biscuits, fake eggs and some fruit.

However, They did live up to thier 100% guarantee and we got our first night free.

They also have a "relaxation room" with a tanning bed, sauna, steam room and massage chair. The cost is $15 for a half an hour. I stayed in there for 45 minutes but was still charged for only 30 minutes.

You also have to pay $10 for disasterous parking.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jspfunk
Reviewed March 19, 2007

Spent a couple of nights over the St Patricks Day weekend. The rooms were nice and the lobby, business center and location were more than fine.

They even gave me an early check-in after I pleased my case with them.

However, they really dropped the ball when it came to parking. I wasn't able to park in their supervides lot around back due to all the St Patty's Day revelers. I was forced to park my car on the street next to an adjacent snow bank overnight.

I voiced my displeasure to the front desk staff. However, they gave me the look of "pound sand" and didn't want to help. What torqued me more than anything was the fact that they were letting their employees park in the lot ahead of guests. One employee pulled in right after stated my case, double parked his vehicle, and walked right in to go to work as if nothing was wrong!

For that reason alone, I'd probably head up the street to the Crowne Plaza where they have a huge parking deck adjacent to the hotel.

Was the stay a complete disaster? Not at all. Would I return? Maybe, but I'd probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank dixiepucks
Reviewed February 21, 2007

If you see the photos of their lobby on the website - they are misleading. It's not as nice in reality. The nice-looking furniture and fireplaces are there, but are only a small section of the bigger room which includes the breakfast buffet, etc.

The breakfast buffet was pretty good, I have to say. They had these egg and sausage biscuits which you assemble yourself which were yummy.

We stayed in a king suite with a kitchen. What was dissapointing is that on our arrival the room had no microwave - and although it had a kitchen with a stove, fridge and dishwasher, there only 4 plates and a frying pan. What were we supposed to cook with? A maid brought us a microwave that night and the next day I complained to the front desk and the manager went out and bought us a full set of supplies, which was very nice. But still, you'd think they would have thought of this before.

There are 2 restaurants in the hotel, but no room service. We tried the less fancy restaurant and it was just so-so.

It was annoying that in our bathroom there was no mirror or sink. The mirror and sink were located in part of the bedroom. So there was very little privacy when freshening up, etc.

One other annoyance was that the lights in the suite were so bright. They used these super powerful bulbs in the lamps, which i guess were supposed to make the room look cleaner or something, but it gave the room a cold feeling. I had to go out to Rite Aid and buy some regular lightbulbs to replace them. This made a huge difference and was much nicer. I don't understand why they would do that.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay. The location is nice, good breakfast, comfy bed. I would probably go back.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oog
Reviewed February 10, 2007

Stayed overnight for a business trip. Decent new hotel with clean modern rooms. Especially liked the all Kohler fixtures. No fancy stuff otherwise but everything was neat probably because it is a new hotel. Check in and out were without problems. Free buffet continental breakfast was good. Valet parking was a bit slow due to the way they park the cars.
Note that there is no room service. The restaurants are attached to the hotel but are independent. There is a small door in the side of the hotel that lets you go to them without going out.
The 2 restaurants: DP a "french" brasserie and Yonos a nouveau indonesian cuisine fancy restaurant. Had a decent filet mignon frites and a beer at DP. Was tempted by Yonos but did not want to go for it alone. If I had I would have probably tried their 8 course tasting menu.

I had read previous reviews before staying and was intrigued by folks mentioning staff that looked like they did not belong. I think I solved the mystery. When I was checking in, 2 men came up to the reception desk and asked if work was available. "Not today" was the reply. It seems to me that the hotel may be hiring some folks on a day to day basis based on occupancy. That could explain the tee shirt and jeans staff other folks saw..

Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business