Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
$144
$137
Hilton.com
  • Pool
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$107
  • Breakfast included
$137
$90
1,119 results
All reviewsfront deskvalet parkingpalace theatrewithin walking distancepearl streetvalet servicebars and restaurantscomplimentary breakfastalbany downtownparking lottimes union centerempire state plazabreakfast staffbusiness tripvery nice hotelwafflesfresh fruit
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I have to go to Albany several times a year for business. Albany is not an exciting town, however what makes the trip bearable is The Hampton Inn. It is clean and still looks new. The breakfast does the job and the fresh cookies at 5pm always hit the spot. Good choice of cable channels and the proximity to all the government buildings is a brisk, but short walk. Internet is free and reliable - the parking does cost however, but there is no other place to park in Albany and you can leave your car while you do all you need to do business wise. The service has always been superior - from dealing with Jennifer in group sales to the front desk staff. Always feel very welcomed and would highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Thanks to the prior Trip Advisor reviews for this hotel, I stayed at HI Downtown. It was perfect for my overnight business stay. The free hot/cold breakfast was amazing - much better than I had anticipated. They had everything that one could want for breakfast and more. The staff was friendly and the members went out of their way to be helpful - each one was like this. I checked out in the am and was able to leave my bags (I don't travel light unfortunately) at the desk. They gave me a ticket and upon pick-up in the afternoon I asked the price and they said no cost. This was a big help to me so I didn't have to lug my stuff around. And for free after I checked out? Wow. One thing that I would mention is that there is no room service in case someone arrives late and hopes for dinner in the room. I got there on a Sunday night and the restaurants were closed. They give you a map with several restaurants listed and the young man at the desk told me which were open on a Sunday night and the times up to which they served dinner. (I walked down to Jack's Oyster restaurant and it was wonderful - really recommend it - about six blocks away) Women may want to take a cab to that restaurant as on a Jan Sunday night the area was pretty deserted. The desk people are helpful as far as that goes. There is a floor for women and the card key permits access only to that floor - first time I've seen that.I completely agree w the other commentators - staff exceptionally nice, particularly notable for a hotel which is not a five star one. I found that the Albany people are like that though!

1  Thank Littlebitfussy
Reviewed January 5, 2010

The hotel is ok, but a bit overpriced for the area. Parking is not included ($12.95) per day and you are forced to use valet. Rooms were nice, but when in the Albany area I would recommend one of the many hotels that are not in the downtown area if possible. They all include parking and are just as good. Heat did not work that well in room.

2  Thank travelalot023
Reviewed December 4, 2009

This is a decent hotel and I had a pleasant stay, but it's not "a must" in my book. We stayed on Friday night through Sunday. The hotel is relatively new, so it has basic modern amenities. The front desk staff were welcoming, room was spacious, cleaning staff did a good job, and the valet parking attendants were helpful. That said, don't expect uber-service--some staff didn't greet guests, chatted with coworkers VERY casually in public areas, and did not let guests (even female guests) off the elevator first. These things aren't a huge negative and don't take away from the staff's competency, but they were noticeable. As mentioned by another reviewer, this hotel seems to be on the outskirts of the city center; a hotel staff person described the location as more of a business area. That would explain why the Dunkin' Donuts, just a few blocks away, was closed on a Sunday morning (Einstein Bagel was only a block or two further). The breakfast at the hotel is ok, but I encountered a piece of green moldy bread when I tried to make myself toast on Saturday morning. That is why I sought breakfast elsewhere on Sunday. There are a few bars and restaurants nearby as well as a popular theater. The hotel's location backs up into a bit of a seemingly depressed neighborhood. I am not sure if I'd feel comfortable walking around alone at night. The upside of this hotel is that it's newish and the staff is friendly. The downside is the location and potentially the price. If you want a more central located hotel, you probably can find it with a comparable price. Depending on the need, I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I love the way Hilton is building their Hampton Inn's...can't wait till they are all renovated to look as upscale as this one. Impressive and welcoming lobby. Business center is one computer oddly located next to the check-in desk.
This is my second time staying at the hotel and I have reserved the Empire Floor each time. The floor is a access key/ woman's only floor. It's emphasis is on woman and breast cancer. There are so many goodies on this floor, that I don't want to spoil a surprise and tell you about them. A perk of reserving the floor is free access to the "Relaxation Room" located on the 2nd floor, opposite to the Exercise room...a tanning bed, massage chair, steam and sauna and shower await you. It's fun to take advantage of this perk..again, the perk is included with the Empire Floor only. The only glitch with this floor, the double bedded room is an accessible room...the only notable differences we could see were: closet rod is only 3 feet off the floor, shower chair in the bathroom/hand held shower (but there is also a shower head) and the lights to alert you that someone is at the door. Hardly noticeable, but these are the only double room(s) on this floor.
Hampton's are now including a waffle maker and different egg dishes (western omelets..) on their breakfast menu.
Hotel is clean, open and inviting. Parking is about $13/day in the adjacent lot. You are close to many State Buildings, restaurants, theaters, the riverfront and just the beauty of downtown Albany. Our reason for being at the hotel was dinner at Cafe' Capriccio, a wonderful Italian restaurant.
Many thanks to Katy and Mr. Wilson for making us feel like we were home. Generally, the staff at times sets the tone for the good or bad reviews of a hotel, and the staff here should only get great reviews!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends