I stayed at this hotel back in Oct 2008 for the NYSFLT Conference which was held in nearby Saratoga NY. I made reservations at this hotel as Saratoga had no vacancies anywhere and specifically asked if I could use my debit/credit card to hold the room but pay cash as my bank only allowed a charge of $100.00 a day. I was assured my card wouldn't be charged and payed cash upon arrival. When I departed I signed the bill with the zero balance all was well, so I thought. A couple days later I checked my bank statement and was indeed charged on my card. I called customer service and they said they noted in computer where I paid in cash in full and it was just a temporary hold and would be reversed after a couple of days. After a week passed and charges never reveresed I called Customer Service again where I explained the situation and was given the same information. I even went as far as emailing Customer Service to keep a paper trail and someone called me however gave me the same promises. Needless to say, it is now April and to no ssurprise they did nothing.
The NYSFLT Conference is having another meeting at the end of this month in Albany and I would strongly warn anyone of staying there unless you don't mind being double charged. Its a shame they didn't investigate the matter as these conferences could bring in alot of revenue for that hotel and I know my fellow colleagues will not give patronage to this hotel as I have already warned others of my mishap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale downtown Albany hotel features 121 lavishly-appointed guest rooms, 35 suites with microwaves and refrigerators, eight whirlpool suites and one executive 2-room suite. The new hotel boasts wired and wireless Internet access, complimentary On the House® hot breakfast, on-site exercise facility with sauna and steam room, plenty of meeting space (we specialize in law firm deposition meetings), fresh hot coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and, of course, Hilton HHonors® points and miles for your stay. Eleven accessible rooms are available. All rooms and suites are smoke free and feature the Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Welcome to Albany’s brightest new star!Yono’s Restaurant, and dp, an American Brasserie, share space near the entrance of the Hampton Inn & Suites! Just a step through the doorway for hotel guests, this upscale fine-dining restaurant features creative continental and Indonesian cuisine for a memorable dining experience.The Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown is centrally and conveniently located to many downtown attractions, government buildings and points of interest. Business travelers will enjoy easy access to the area’s many businesses and corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn And Suites Albany - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn Albany
- Albany Hampton Inn