“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wantagh, United States
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotel was in very good condition and a nice place to stay. I wasn't there long and didn't experience the area much, as I went to Saratoga the day/night I got to upstate NY and simply went back to hotel at night to sleep. I was a bit disappointed in that it was Sunday night and all area restaurants in walking distance were closed and it seemed like a ghost town.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Michael,
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review us! I am glad you chose to stay with us on your trip to Saratoga; it is so nice to be so close to there, especially during track season! I’m sorry you couldn't find a place to eat on Sunday night, please feel free to always ask the front desk for recommendations- they always have a list ready of who is open on Sunday nights! I hope you were able to find something eventually!
Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you back again soon! We truly appreciate your business and having you here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Hebrew first
Wynantskill, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

The room at the Hampton Inn was very clean, smelled good, relatively quiet. The bed and pillow comfortable. Need a decent radio or Ipod/MP3 docking station. Parking was $12.50. Should be free or discounted when staying at the hotel. Plus, the service counter should give you a ticket so you can get out of the lot. We had to go back in and get one from the service desk. Yono's restaurant within the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Mark,
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review us! I am so glad you had such a nice stay and you found your room to be relaxing and comfortable! Thank you for your suggestion about the radio; we will definitely take that into consideration when discussing the next set of renovations. I am sorry you had some issues with the parking lot, unfortunately due to our downtown location and limited city parking; we have to rent the parking lot space in order to provide our guests with someplace to park. I am glad you enjoyed Yono’s, isn't it wonderful? We are very lucky to have them here!
Thank you again for your review and suggestions, we greatly appreciate the feedback! Hope to see you back again soon!
Mt. Kisco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

I was very satisfied with the Hampton Inn Suites. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful and rooms were clean. My daughter and I stayed on the women's only floor - which I appreciated they had. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Amanda,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review us! I am so glad that you had such a great stay and were satisfied with our hotel. I am especially pleased to hear that the hotel staff met your satisfaction and you found everyone helpful and accommodating. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the women’s floor! We are proud to be the only hotel in Albany with such a floor and find that it is very well received by our women’s travelers. Please come back and visit us after September- we are renovating the entire floor at the beginning of the month and are very excited about the changes and remodeling that will incur!

Thank you again for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown, we truly appreciate having you here!
Sayre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We made an overnight stay at this hotel on a Friday evening in August. We knew that the hotel was in a part of town with several taverns and cafe's with outdoor seating, and the location really did score with us. The place is either new, or very recently renovated, but either way the property was great. Very roomy King bed room on the 10th floor, convenient parking and the traditional Hampton Breakfast made for a perfect overnight stay. We walked several blocks without issue.

The only negative was the crowd at Breakfast. There appeared to be a pre-teen dance event nearby which turned Breakfast into a bit of a free for all. At the time we came down stairs, most of the food and coffee was gone and all tables were taken. We are pretty flexible about these things and made out fine, but the one young lady servicing the breakfast room was doing an outstanding job running like crazy to keep up and apologizing the whole way. Kudos to her!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Meaghan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Ed B,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to provide your kind words about our property! I am excited to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our fantastic location which allows our guests easy access to the many sights and restaurants in the downtown area. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed our clean and "roomy" guest rooms as well as our convenient parking. I will be sure to share this review with our breakfast attendant who strives to deliver the best service to all of our guests as well as providing them with a delicious hot breakfast. I will also share this review with our team to embrace any opportunities to better our guests stays. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for sharing your most recent stay with us. We hope to see you soon, safe travels!
Watervliet, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I've stayed here on a personal level a few times. I've even had my birthday party here one year. I'm a wedding/event planner so my most recent stay was for a wedding that I was both the planner/coordinator of and also the Maid of Honor. Crazy huh? While performing both duties is hectic at times, having a comfortable hotel to key down in truly helps! The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the hotel is clean, spacious and inviting! Love it here! I refer many of my clients, friends and family to this hotel!

Dear Yvonne,

Thank you so much for your continued support of the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and for taking the time to review us! I am so glad that we were able to be a relaxing spot during your crazy and hectic weekend, cheers to you for being a super woman! I am so glad that everything was to your liking and you found everything from the rooms to the staff to be the perfect fit for you! Thank you so much for recommending us to your clients, family, and friends- we appreciate it so much & am very grateful! Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Mississauga, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed stayed at the hotel for one night as a stop over from a trip to Maine. Room was ready on time and staff was very nice. Our room was clean. All staff at this hotel smile and seem to care about your stay. Breakfast could have been better. Some of the food was cold and I find they do not have very many seats so you have to come down early. What I was surprised about was that once you leave the hotel to walk around you notice that so much of Albany is closed. Restaurant in hotel was very nice but once you leave you see boarded up areas. Surprised that the Capital would be so quiet. Saying that I would still recommend this hotel , it is one of the better Hampton's I have stayed in.

Dear Lovetotravel2005,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also choosing our property as a stopping point on your journey to Maine! I am excited to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our clean guest rooms, hospitable team members and our check in process. There is many restaurants in the downtown area and DP's and Yonos is a wonderful spot to enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast and we will bring this review to the attention of our team members to excel on the opportunities you have provided. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to share your most recent stay with us.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed here from 8/4-8/8 for and education conference. Wallace was amazing. The hotel was neat and clean. The employees were very friendly and helpful. Wallace was number 1 and Danyel, Niara, Phillip and all the parking attendents were wonderful. The only sour note was Solomon. He was very unprofessional and did not look like an employee of the hotel. He was sarcastic and rude to me as I was asking the front desk directions to the local Chuck E Cheese as I was traveling with a 6-year old. I ignored him but he was very annoying. I reported this to the front desk. I still would come back because the hotel was very, very comfortable and your staff was awesome, especially Wallace. Thank you Wallace!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Karen H
Dear Karen H,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your most recent stay with us here in downtown Albany. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our team members hospitality especially from Phil, Danyel, Niara and Wallace. Each of these team members are a wonderful asset to our team and each love to welcome our guests with the highest level of service. We greatly appreciate all feedback regarding our property and its team members to celebrate the successes and to utilize any opportunities. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed the cleanliness of our guest rooms and overall property. Again, I would like to thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your most recent stay! We hope to see you next time you are in the area, safe travels!