“Greater NY NJ Region 15 Sweet Adelines - Convention 2014”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Syracuse, New York
“Greater NY NJ Region 15 Sweet Adelines - Convention 2014”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Wow, what a weekend! And what fantastic staff at the Hamton Inn and Suites Albany-Downtown! I cannot speak highly enough of the service our groups received over the course of our 4-day event. I always expect clean, comfortable rooms at a Hampton Inn, and this facility was no exception. What WAS exceptional was the manner in which personnel, from the valet parking attendants to the hotel managers, responded to and met every request made of them. In many cases they made suggestions to our function organizers which enhanced our experience and stay. What a welcome change from the ordinary hotel experience. Cudos, and many thanks to Meghan and the entire staff - we are looking forward to our return in 2015! - Barbara W

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you SO much, Barbara, for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown!
I am so glad you had such a wonderful stay, this is exactly what we strive for and I'm thrilled that everything exceeded your expectations! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff! We loved the opportunity to work with you, you all were such a joy and we loved having your beautiful voices fill our hallways! We are already excited to welcome you back next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Hebrew first
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Many thanks to the staff of the Hampton Inn and Suites and Albany for doing such an excellent job this past weekend. As another reviewer stated "it's no small task to accomodate and provide such great service to a large group, BUT YOU DID!" The rooms were spacious and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful at every turn. When we arrived we needed a refrigerator to store food for a special diet and within 10 minutes one was delivered to our room. The breakfast was plentiful and the breakfast staff was friendly and was always asking if there was anything that they could do to be helpful. The staff welcomed all of us with open arms, taking pictures of us before and after our competition and rejoicing with us as we won our medals. Many thanks from another happy Sweet Adeline!

Denden2264,
Thank you so much for your kind review and for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, but even happier that you had such a good one and that everything was to your liking. We were so thrilled to have you all here, it was such a fun and memorable weekend for all of us! Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to having you back next year!
Cortland, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2014

It's no small task to accomodate and provide great service to a large group but you did. Service is friendly and prompt. Rooms were comfortable. Staff bent over backwards to see that needs were met and having breakfast provided was especially welcome and very good. Thank you from a Sweet Adeline.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review, Dottie!
We really appreciate you taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown! We truly loved having you all here, you were all such a joy! Thank you for all your kind words and see you next year!
New York
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have stayed here before and was impressed. This return trip did nothing to chnage that. Quick check-in. Front desk staff extremely friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi and free breakfast. Comfortable beds and clean rooms. Tip: If you need to be close to ice or vending machines, get a rrom on an even numbered floor. No ice/vending on odd numbered floors.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your review, rxman!
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and even more that you've visited the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown before! We are thrilled that everything was up to your liking and that you found your room both comfortable and clean; I will be sure to thank the housekeeping staff on your behalf.
Please come back and visit us again soon, we truly appreciate you choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a night in Albany when changing trains from the Lake Shore Limited to the Adirondack and chose this hotel being reasonable distance from the station and good reviews. We were very happy with our choice. We asked for a room high up to get a view and were given a pleasant, good sized room, very clean. There was always fruit and coffee available in the lobby. Breakfast in the morning was good and plentiful. There is public computer access. We knew nothing about Albany but reception gave us a map and we went exploring. A bit of a climb up the hill and you come to the Government buildings area - well worth a look around. If you are coming from or going to the station be wary of the taxis. The driver hung around for ages trying to pick up another fare despite the supervisor telling him to move on. They have a weird way of charging by zones and it was $15.75 for a 5 minute drive On the return to the station in the morning that driver tried to charge us double until we disputed it. The supervisor told us it was because he didn't know we were in the same family (husband and wife) so was charging for 2 separate rides!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your review, Adrianne!
I am so glad that you chose to say with the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and thank you for taking the time to review us! I am glad that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed your room and got to experience Albany a little bit! I'm sorry that you had a few issues with the taxi services in Albany, but it sounds like you were able to handle it well!
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, and I hope you return soon to visit us; we truly appreciate it!
New Hartford, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had to stay 2 nights in downtown Albany for an event at the Palace Theater. Upon checking in I was pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a suite. The on-site parking was very convenient. The hotel was very clean and modern. The suite was beautiful. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your review, Stacy!

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and were able to enjoy one of our suites! We are glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient parking lot- it really is helpful for our Palace guests!

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review us! Please come back and visit us again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've never been to Albany,NY so I was a little weary when I found out I had to come due to work. Let me first say that I travel three weeks out of the month for work so I'm very accustomed to staying in hotels.

I had called a few days before my planed arrival to ask about an arrival. Zack had told me that he could not guarantee anything before but if I were to call him the morning of my arrival he would try his best to accommodate my needs. Fast forward a few days when Zack cheerfully answered the phone, he told me that the hotel was sold the night prior but he would try his hardest to make sure that I could get in early (or at least have a private room to change before my meeting) and that the hotel would do whatever is needed to help me out. I arrived about four hours before check in time and I was thankfully greeted by Zack once again. He recognized me as frequent traveler within the Hilton brand and said he would be more than happy to upgrade me to make sure I could get in (!!!) I was surprised to be welcomed with such a warming, personal greeting. Zack shook my hand and we had a brief discussion how we shared the same alma matter! (Go Golden Easgle!) He introduced me to his co-worker (Nyaria?) and made me feel truly welcome.

When I got to my room I was truly speechless! The room was spacious and both of the beds were clearly just cleaned. I felt spoiled for the room I was given! Later that night I decided to check out the restaurant Zack had suggested at check-in which was AMAZING! The food and staff were beyond anything I would ever expect a Hampton to have.

Early the next morning I called to the front desk for some more towel and within a few minutes Julia had given me towels and asked me if there was anything else I needed. It was handled in such a professional manner and so quickly, I was overwhelmed!

I went down to the complimentary breakfast, which like all other Hamptons is nothing special however accommodating. Zack remembered me and introduced me to his fellow associate! During breakfast I was asked by at least three different people how I was doing and if there was anythign I needed help with. The service of the staff trumped the lack of good breakfast items.

When I finally checked out, Zack introduced me to his general manager Amy and gave me his email and work phone number. I have never felt so welcomed and appreciated at any hotel throughout my professional career. I recommend this hotel for anyone, business or pleausre, due to the diligence and the caring of the staff. I am looking looking forward to coming back to Albany, NY and staying here once again!

Room Tip: Clean, clean,clean..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello Frank!
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown! I’m so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us! While we are very proud of our hotel and the quality of everything, we are especially proud of our employees and the level of service that everyone provides. We are thrilled to hear that you experienced the same high quality of service! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our entire staff, and especially Zach! I am also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy Yonos/ dp’s, they are truly phenomenal and we are very fortunate to have them here.
Thanks so much, Frank, for both your very kind review and staying with us! We truly appreciate your business. Please come back and see us soon!