“Satisfied”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a good time in my stay here. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. Things to note: I didn't like the breakfast (I didn't try making my own waffle) but I love the coffee bar that's available at any time. Parking was tough to get in and out- one key worked and the other didn't and my fellow coworker didn't keep track of which was which so we tediously swiped our cards several times until we were let in/out. dp & another restaurant were easily accessible within the hotel.

I also have to say that I didn't like that on the morning I was checking out, I opened the door to find a folded piece of paper (my receipt) showing my name and my home address lying on the floor. Anybody could've walked by and seen this and I'm very uncomfortable with that information being out there.

Otherwise, had a good time there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Virtuosoul,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us your thoughts. We truly appreciate the feedback from guests as it can only help us improve. We are sorry that you had difficulties with the parking, we aim to make the process as easy as possible and will work to make sure guests are not experiencing these problems again. We will also work on the way we are delivering receipts to our guests to ensure their privacy. We’re thrilled that you found our staff to be friendly that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you visit, try the waffles!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I loved the women only floor, with complimentary snacks and other amenities such as complimentary female razor, face products and shave cream, terrific shower that would have been good for a woman with limited mobility.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nancy L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hello Germaine G,
Thank you so much for leaving us a review about your recent stay. We’re so glad you enjoyed your time on the women’s floor! We are extremely proud of our partnership with the American Cancer Society on the Empire Floor as proceeds from the floor are donated to the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. We hope you will be staying with us again the next time you are in Albany!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Hampton Inn & Suites Albany was a good stay for business. The breakfast was good and there is a variety of restaurant in the immediate area. The room was clean, well managed, and the staff was friendly. The hotel is near the airport and traffic is not a problem.

Hi LausDeo,
We hope you enjoyed your first trip to Albany! Thank you for choosing us for your hotel stay. We’re glad that your experience here was a good one and we certainly welcome you to stay with us again when you travel back to the area!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Accommodations were adequate and hotel staff was very friendly. Dissatisfied that there was a daily parking fee that was not noted at time of reservation. The beds were not as comfortable as my wife and I expected. Rooms were quiet.

Hello RobertA,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay. We truly appreciate all feedback from our guests. We apologize that you were not satisfied with the parking fee, the parking lot is not owned by the hotel so unfortunately we do not set the cost. You should have been informed of the rate at the time of booking and we will make sure all staff members are trained on that. We hope you will come and stay with us again the next time you are in Albany.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is as nice a Hampton Inn as I have ever stayed in, the staff is great and I always feel very welcomed and comfortable. The lobby is warm and inviting. There is restaurant attached to the hotel that I would recommend as well. If you are looking for a hotel located in the heart of Albany I think you will be happy here.

Greetings KevinS001,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We’re so happy that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate your comments. We’re glad that you mentioned our lobby as it was just renovated in January and we are so proud of the results! Thank you for the comments about our staff, they are amazing and we are fortunate to have them all. We hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in Albany!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very nice hotel in downtown Albany at a very reasonable price Handy to get to - with good reataurants close by. Also the attached reataurant was very good. Reception area in very inviting Front desk people were extremely helpful on check in. Great value

1  Thank andygert

Hi Andygert,
We are so glad you had a nice stay with us and that you found our location to be convenient and our staff helpful! We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was impressed when every hotel associates tried to make me feel welcomed, safe and comfortable during my stay. They didn't just use the usual 'hello' or 'have a nice day' responses. They always approached me by engaging in a conversation. I was blown away. During my stay, in room 315, the housekeeper even gave me a hug good bye. Their warmth and friendliness made it easier for me to be away from my family. Alexsandra, Colleen, and Quinta took it one step further. They truly made me feel welcomed. This service complements the great facility. I really appreciate everything they did for me, Diana

Room Tip: If you are a woman traveling alone and need to feel safer at a hotel location, they offer a floor r...

Hello Diana,
Thank you for your very nice review of your stay. It makes us all feel great when we are able to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable; after all that’s what hospitality is all about! We made sure to show your comments to each staff member that you mentioned so they know what an impact they made on your stay and all of our guests. Thank you again and we hope that you will be back again soon!