“Great hotel in downtown Albany”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I spent one night here a couple weeks ago. We got a great Senior rate and we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. We had a large bathroom with shower and jacuzzi, microwave and fridge. We also got late checkout until 2 p.m. I have a Hilton signature VISA
and you are entitled to an upgrade if available. I can't remember the girl at the front desk who did everything.She was great. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Judi2,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to upgrade you to make your stay a little more special. We hope you were able to relax and enjoy the Jacuzzi and late check out. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Hampton Inn and Suites is a modern hotel located in downtown Albany. From the time you enter the hotel where you are greeted by a beautiful fireplace, you can’t help, but be impressed with this hotel.

The front desk staff is friendly, professional and extremely helpful. The check in process was smooth and efficient. They answered all our questions and even gave us written directions on how to get to Red Lobster on Saturday and the Cheesecake Factory on Sunday.

The room was tastefully decorated and the rich oak colors added a touch of class our room. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

We were in Albany to see Jeff Dunham at the Times Union Centre which is located about 8 minutes away.

Room Tip: If you get a room on one of the higher floors facing the front of the hotel, we will get a better vi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rebuilder

Dear Rebuilder,
We sincerely thank you for leaving such a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you found your time here to be so enjoyable and that we impressed you with our hospitality and amenities! We aim to make each guest feel as though this is their home away from home. We hope you had as great a time at the restaurants you visited and at the Jeff Dunham show. Please allow us to welcome you back when you are in the Albany area again!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

After being on the road since 15 days nothing better then a fantastic hotel,very good professionals at the reception,very clean rooms , when youu open the door the perfum goes on...amazing one of the best places I have ever been!don´t miss it look likes you are at home and belive me I miss my fantastic country Portugal!!

Room Tip: •"Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Diogo C,
Thank you so much for the great review! We’re so glad that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay and found our hotel to be a home away from home. We would love to have you back again when you are in the Albany, NY area!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Rooms are great, very clean, well equipped bathrooms and shower area, and nice comfortable beds. Parking is a hassle, consistently, with parking attendants needed to extract your car. The connected restaurant is pretty mediocre. Front desk service is fantastic, and very helpful and responsive.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear BC_Denver,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and feedback from your stay. We’re glad that you found the front desk to be attentive and helpful and the room to be clean and comfortable! We apologize that you found the parking to be a hassle, it is certainly not our intention to inconvenience our guests. We work closely with the parking management company to ensure a seamless experience. We hope you will visit us again and we would be more than happy to assist you with anything during your stay.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Service was excellent, the room clean and very quiet. I was able to sleep in until 10 am without any noises disturbing me, highly recommend this hotel, they have everything and it's location is perfect. We went to a concert at the Egg the night before, easy walk.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Deborah M,
Thank you for the review! We’re so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax with some extra sleep. When you find yourself in the Albany area again we would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My experience with this hotel was excellent, starting with the welcome by the young lady at the desk. She was very friendly and pleasant, and she explained the places i might like to visit during my short stay. Since they didn't have a king bed available when I arrived, she upgraded me to a king suite, which was nice. The room was large and clean, with a huge flat screen tv. They also gave me a late check out (until 2 pm) the next day since I had a late flight out. The free breakfast was typical of Hampton Inns. The front desk folks were also helpful in arranging for my taxi to the airport and storing luggage after check-out. The hotel is also close to a couple of bars on Pearl street, and has it's own restaurant so I didn't have to venture out into the 0 degree weather at night. All in all, this was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear FWY,
Thank you for your review, we’re glad that you had a great experience while you were with us and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We’re also happy that you decided to eat in our on-site restaurant and did not have to venture out in the frigid weather! We would love to have you stay with us again the next time you are in the Albany.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My second visit to this downtown Albany hotel this year. Consistent with my earlier visit I found the hotel room clean and comfortable, the hotel lobby nice and service very good. The location was very convenient. For the price, this is a very good value, but it is not an exceptional or special property. I could stay here one or two nights, but not a place I would choose for a special event or longer term stay. Perhaps the room I had (corporate rate) was one of the basic rooms on the property. There may be better rooms. Mine was on the 4th floor facing the parking lot at the rear of the building. The pick up and/or delivery of a dumpster at about 5:30 AM woke me up and I was not able to get back to sleep. The fluorescent/CFL lighting in the rooms gives it a "cheap" feel. But neither the early wake up or the "cheap" lighting affects my overall very good rating. This is a good place for an overnight stay if you find yourself in the area and in need of overnight accomodations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear MATravelerBOS,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for taking the time to write another review. We do appreciate when guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I apologize that you were woken up in the early morning, next time you are with us we can certainly give you a room on a different side of the building. We’re glad to know that you were satisfied overall with your stay and look forward to when you can stay with us again. Thank you!