“Awesome room”

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Albany
Reviewed January 9, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Nancy L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Do yourself a favor: stay here. The hotel is modern, updated and very clean. The staff is amazing and the rooms are great. The hotel is centrally located in the middle of everything, just a few blocks from Empire State Plaza, the capital building, the court of appeals, and the university. As icing on the cake attached to the hotel are THE BEST two restaurants in Albany!! For lunch eat at Dp which has friendly waiters and amazing food, but don't get too stuffed: YOU MUST eat at Yonos, a fine dining restaurant. Yonos is by far the BEST fine dining restaurant we have ever been to!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear FloridaAttorney1,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review for us! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be modern, clean and convenient, we certainly aim to impress our guests. We’re also glad that you enjoyed the on-site restaurants, they are fantastic! The next time you find yourself in the Albany area, we hope to be able to welcome you back!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding in late October 2012, and the place was very nice. We arrived early and they wouldn't let us check in early, which was a bit of an inconvenience, but the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and allowed us to use the relaxation room in the gym, which I really appreciated. The room was very clean and I wish I would have stayed longer. I would definitely go back, especially considering the fact that I have stayed at much worse hotels in downtown Albany (i.e. the Hotel Albany).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear OLEVIN,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We apologize that we were not able to accommodate an early check in for you. When we have busy weekends with weddings and other events sometimes we are unable to get our guests checked in before the guaranteed 4pm check in time. However, we are so glad that you enjoyed the relaxation room while you waited. We would certainly love to welcome you back for a longer stay next time you are in the Albany, NY area!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had stopped staying at Hampton Inns long ago opting for what I thought were "higher" end hotels. Well, welcome home. A two day stay at the Albany Hampton end has changed my thinking. With a courteous greeting and a helpful check in I was sold. They room, a spacious "king suite" awaited me. Free wifi and business center amenities were a plus. The location is a short walk to the Capitol and government offices where I was working. I regret being a sub in the past!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear BILL80,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are very happy that you decided to give Hampton Inns another chance and that you chose to stay with us. We strive to make our property feel like home for our guests and not just another hotel stay. If you are in the Albany, NY area again, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while in town on business, and I can't wait for my organization to call me to Albany once more, so I can stay there again!

The staff was excellent, from the valet to the front desk; everyone was friendly, helpful and professional.

The room was clean and the decor was modern and stylish.

The fitness room was adequate, it's not huge, but all I ever need is a treadmill to run on and I'm happy!

The restaurant connected to the hotel, "The dp", was wonderful. The food was delicious, though unfortunately they do not deliver to the room and one must go down and pick the food up. However, the Ahi Tuna sandwich alone is worth a trip back!!

The hotel location was very convenient for me, as I only had to go to the Foley Federal Courthouse on Broadway, which was literally a 5 minute walk. I opted to leave my car in the hotel's valet parking for the entire course of my stay, rather than attempt to find parking down near the federal offices.

Overall, my stay there was very pleasant, and I would highly recommend this location for any Albany business travelers working in the downtown area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear SKG1983,
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. When a guest leaves happy enough to leave such a wonderful review, we know we did our job. Thank you for the review and we can’t wait for your organization to send you back either!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This past weekend 11/10/12-11/12/12 we once again had wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn downtown on Chapel St. This has become our hotel of choice when visiting Albany. It's courteous and helpful staff is always welcoming and available to help. Since our children live in Albany we are there at least once a month and find this hotel's service and location ideal. We highly recommend it to people who plan on visiting downtown Albany.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear DIANA G,

Wow, thank you for such a nice review! We are so appreciative that you have chosen us as your hotel when you come to the Albany area. We pride ourselves on our customer service and being a hotel that is convenient and comfortable for our guests so it is nice to hear such great feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I experienced complete 100% satisfaction with the establishment and their highly trained, friendly and competent staff. The greeting upon arrival was friendly and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable. The maid service outstanding! Thank you, Bessey! You retrieved my hair drier! The Operations Manager (so sorry i forgot her name!)that called me to tell me they found it and would return my personal effects was very kind and considerate. I am happy to share my positive experience!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear UPSTATENYKRIS,

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel! We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and it makes us so happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay. Guest satisfaction one of our top priorities so it’s great to know that from check in to check out you experienced nothing but the best from our staff. We let Bessie know how grateful you were and it put a smile on her face! Again, thank you for such a nice review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.