Front desk staff extremely polite courteous and helpful. Room was very very clean and well appointed, especially the bathroom with updated fixtures and a large stand up glass enclosed shower rather than the tired old small crappy typical hotel bathtub. The bedding was clean and seemed new. One of our beds had obviously been ruined, as if the same fat person slept in the same spot for years, it was like sleeping on a slope, thankfully we took a room with 2 beds so we were able to use the other bed instead. Microwave and refrigerator in room, very nice. We did request frig so I'm not sure if it would have been there or not had we not requested it. No extra charge.
Our 2nd day we discovered upon our return in our bathroom a spray bottle of cleaner and a filthy disgusting cleaning rag, obviously misplaced by cleaning staff. I was horrified that this rag was laid down near my personal belongings. Was obviously an oversight, but that rag was disgusting and given our clean our room remained during our entire stay, I am not sure what it was used to clean, but it had no business being in our room never mind being left behind and laid down near our personal belongings.
The valet situation we weren't told of ahead of time so we coughed up the extra $13.50 per night for that. We were assured it was a secure lot and our vehicle would be safe and looked after. BS. At first I was bummed at the rear facing room since there was a lousy view but was glad after as we had a view overlooking the parking lot and were able to see that our car lights had been left on! Went down to turn them off, no one anywhere in sight to mention it to. We could have done whatever we wanted in that lot, not a soul around. The second night our car was parked next to the door, no big deal, except that when I glanced out the window I saw a group of people leaning and sitting on my car as they were waiting for their car to be brought around. Again, went down to complain, by the time we got down from the 8th floor the group had gone off in their own car and again no valet anywhere to mention it to. There is a free public lot that is diagnonally facing the "secure" lot as well as on street metered parking and I think next time I will opt to self park for free or by meter since the "secure" part of the parking deal is obviously BS so what were we paying extra for? Coffee station was to be 24 hours but was frequently lacking, hot water and coffee were often empty. Breakfast cleanup crew was rude and pushy at 11am breakdown of breakfast area, repeatedly asking us if we were done with the plates and trash on our tables in a matter that made it clear they wanted us out of their way so they could clean up. Food was taken away as we were serving ourselves, not very nice.
We did have an issue with a crowd partying outside the elevators right next to our room, a call to the front desk and security removed them immediately so that was nice, I will remember next time to ask for a room away from the elevators.
I would consider staying here again, but will self park and ask for a room away from elevators. Overall it's a clean and lovely property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale downtown Albany hotel features 121 lavishly-appointed guest rooms, 35 suites with microwaves and refrigerators, eight whirlpool suites and one executive 2-room suite. The new hotel boasts wired and wireless Internet access, complimentary On the House® hot breakfast, on-site exercise facility with sauna and steam room, plenty of meeting space (we specialize in law firm deposition meetings), fresh hot coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and, of course, Hilton HHonors® points and miles for your stay. Eleven accessible rooms are available. All rooms and suites are smoke free and feature the Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Welcome to Albany’s brightest new star!Yono’s Restaurant, and dp, an American Brasserie, share space near the entrance of the Hampton Inn & Suites! Just a step through the doorway for hotel guests, this upscale fine-dining restaurant features creative continental and Indonesian cuisine for a memorable dining experience.The Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown is centrally and conveniently located to many downtown attractions, government buildings and points of interest. Business travelers will enjoy easy access to the area’s many businesses and corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn And Suites Albany - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn Albany
- Albany Hampton Inn