1,162 results
All reviews front desk valet parking palace theatre within walking distance pearl street valet service bars and restaurants complimentary breakfast parking lot times union center empire state plaza business trip very nice hotel new york the breakfast area yogurt wallace
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Clean hotel. Clean rooms. Priced right. Friendly service from everyone. Great location if you're going to be downtown in Albany, or if you need a night's rest heading north.

Breakfast wasn't bad. TV could have some On Demand options. But otherwise, a really good place.

tips: Fine dining restaurant connected to the hotel. But Albany is a college town and you may see some drunk frat boys walking the street around the hotel. Otherwise, nothing at all to complain abut--and I can complain.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a quick weekend away from the kids. We were pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the lobby and room were, considering we paid the internet price of $99 per night. We had lunch at nearby Albany Pump House, and felt completely safe walking around, however we were approached by someone asking for money. We told him to clear off and he did. We had a very nice meal at the hotel. For the quality of the food the price of the meal was exceptional. The chef was walking around speaking to people and the staff were courteous and attentive. The morning breakfast was good and the front desk staff were helpful. Our only complaint was we had little opportunity to actually sleep in our extremely comfortable bed. Between the people running up and down the halls screaming in a drunken fashion (I can only assume they were guests of the wedding being held that evening at the hotel) and the idiot talking on his cell phone with the speaker on at 4 am, we were unable to sleep. The alarm clock in our room was also set for 6:30am, obviously by a previous guest. Being blasted awake after barely falling asleep didn't help either. To be fair, the front desk did ask the man talking on the phone to quiet down and he did. We would definitely stay at the hotel again, but ask to be put in a section of the hotel with less people. I did ask for the back of the hotel due to a previous reviewers remark that the front of the hotel overlooked the bar scene and could be very noisy. Overall, it is a nice hotel with a good price.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2008

The hotel is really good. In the heart of downtown Albany, it was the ideal location to spend the night with my friend, because we wanted to go to the nightlife. The room was clean and beautiful, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was correct. However, the window of our room overlooked the nightlife and it was Saturday night; that has not bothered us since we returned late, but we could hear the music and the noise of the street, which must be quite disturbing for someone who wants to go to bed early.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2008

The hotel was reasonably priced for the location, but I was not 100% sure if it is a very safe location. My colleague went out for a run outside before breakfast, so I concluded that it must not be all that bad.

The hotel itself was very clean. I was happy with the cleanliness of my room, and comfort of my bed. They had the regular Hampton Inn breakfast (some hot stuff, and bread, muffin, fruit, cereal etc).

The front desk people were helpful. The parking system was a bit confusing.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2007

I just spent two days as part of a conference and was impressed with the ability for the hotel to run a conference and the quality of the food in the restuarant. Breakfast was part of the hotel rate and was the typical "hot Continental breakfast" found in many hotels. Coffee available 24 hours was good; fitness room did not open until 6 AM, which can be an issue. Hotel was close to the river bike/pedestrian path, so that was good. Good selection of towels and bedding was very comfortable. Lots of TV stations, plenty of room to spread out. My room was on backside, so no noise complaints. Temp control was good.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business