“Very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown

Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

My friend and I stayed overnight and were impressed with the cleanliness and new look of the rooms. We were very happy with the breakfast staff, particularly Tim, who went out of his way to make sure that we had everything we needed, even though it was self-serve cafeteria style. The hotel kept a gas fire lit which was very welcoming. There was always fruit and coffee available during the day. Parking is via valet.

The only drawback was that we were in Albany on St. Patrick's Day and the noise from the nearby bars kept waking us up until 4:00 p.m. when they closed. My advice is try to go to this hotel during the week if you want a good night's sleep.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review in regards to your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back in the future. I will share your kind words with our breakfast attendant, Tim. It is always nice to hear that our guests appreciate the service we provide. Thank you again for taking the time to review us. :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Hebrew first
Rye Brook, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed here two years ago and were very pleased. It was clean and comfortable and in a good location downtown, so we booked it again when we had plans to be in Albany. When we returned we were far less impressed. The mattresses were concave and provided no support, the breakfast had gone down in quality and the rooms had been sprayed with a rather obnoxious air freshener. We'll look for a different hotel if we visit again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank robyn14
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Good Morning Robyn14!!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and our property on TripAdvisor.com. We use any and all reviews and surveys as our personal report card to aid in the improvement of the service we provide. On behalf of the entire staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Albany-Downtown we would like to apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your return stay to the property. Being such a busy hotel it does become challenging to know when exactly certain items in the rooms need to be upgraded or replaced, that is why your comments hold such great value to us as a team.
In regards to breakfast the breakfast staff is aware of the decline in quality and is actively taking the steps needed to improve. Again we thank you for your feedback and encourage you to contact myself or my fellow colleague directly the next time you come to the Downtown Albany area. We would love to have you come back to our property and give another try.

Thank you again and we extend our sincerest apology for the inconveniences experienced and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hospitably,

Nashyka Jospitre & Kyle Dzembo
Guest Services Managers
Hampton Inn & Suites, Albany-Downtown
Nashyka.Jospitre@Hilton.com
Kyle.Dzembo@hilton.com
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Hampton Inns are usually pretty good bets and this one in Albany is better than usual. The rooms are nice and clean and the beds are comfortable. I have had better breakfasts before, but it really wasn't bad enough to detract from the stay. This hotel is a good choice for business travel to Albany.

One word of advice: beware overcharging taxis from the train station. Amtrak has given a single company the contract to service the station and they overcharged me on my trip to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Schubes03
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Good Afternoon Schubes03!!!

I wanted to thank you for your kind words in regards to our property and your past stay. We are constantly are trying to improve our breakfast ensuring that the mandatory Hilton items are there but in turn stepping it up a little with some extra new items to enhance the breakfast experience overall.

I also wanted to thank you for your advice in regards to the taxis. It would be greatly appreciated if you could email me to let me know the name of the taxi company you used so that way I can inform my staff about their rates. I would love to also get your opinion on what changes you feel could be made to breakfast, feel free to contact me at Nashyka.Jospitre@hilton.com.

Thank you again for your kind words. On behalf of the entire staff of the Hampton Inn & Suites, Albany-Downtown...CHEERS!!!!!

Nashyka Jospitre & Kyle Dzembo
Guest Services Managers
Hampton Inn& Suites, Albany-Downtown
25 Chapel Street
Albany, NY 12210
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Perfect location to the downtown area, bars, restaurants. We were able to walk everywhere and enjoyed bar hopping at night with friends without worrying about driving. The hotel was clean and quiet and the free breakfast is always nice. Parking was easy but a friends car was broken into so don't leave anything in your car! We would stay there again. And as Diamond Members we weren't offered any of the perks, we had to ask.

Room Tip: We had a room high up and on the corner and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Tavelbee500,

Thank you so much for your kind words on your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that you would stay with us again if ever in the area. Also, I would like to apologize for the Diamond perks not being offered initially. Please rest assured that the car break in was an unfortunate experience that we have been proactive in avoiding in the future. We have increased our security measures and have a great working relationship with the company that owns and operates the parking facility. If you are ever in need of future reservations, or anything of that nature please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.
Va Beach Va
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

High Prices, snotty help, breakfast a joke, avoid this one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dranon,

First allow me to apologize for a less than satisfactory experience you had with us recently. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide superior customer service to each of our guests. It is upsetting to discover we were unable to do so during your visit with us. If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to contact myself directly as I am eager to learn the specifics. I can be reached at (518) 432-7000 ext. 4514. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay.
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Last minute found this better hotel in downtown Albany. Usually stay closer to the highway- but this was worth it. Clean and convenient. Nice restaurant adjoining.
Thought that the parking fee was a bit unnecessary. Breakfast very poor.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HalBoston,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your visit with us! We have been working together as a staff to increase the value of the breakfast offered. I would most certainly welcome any suggestions you may have! Also, if you are ever in need of any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a perfectly fine hotel in Albany, great location, fair price. I didn't realize Hampton Inn's are nice. It certainly isn't fancy or high end, but for what it is, you just can't beat it. My room was quiet (9th floor) and clean. Gym small but fine for a hotel gym. Free breakfast. Easy parking next door.

And the staff was as helpful and friendly as any I have encounetered in quite a while. And I travel quite often

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear paulbo,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us in Albany. I'm glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We recently did a lot of work to revamp our exercise facility, we appreciate the feedback. We also do provide free day passes to a local gym just blocks away! I will certainly be sharing your comments with our staff. They will be THRILLED to hear such praises. If you are ever in need of any future reservations or further assistance please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.