Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Staybridge.com
$110
Hotels.com
1,110 results
All reviewsfront deskvalet parkingpalace theatrewithin walking distancepearl streetvalet servicebars and restaurantscomplimentary breakfastalbany downtownparking lottimes union centerempire state plazabreakfast staffbusiness tripvery nice hotelwafflesfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Hampton Inns are usually pretty good bets and this one in Albany is better than usual. The rooms are nice and clean and the beds are comfortable. I have had better breakfasts before, but it really wasn't bad enough to detract from the stay. This hotel is a good choice for business travel to Albany.

One word of advice: beware overcharging taxis from the train station. Amtrak has given a single company the contract to service the station and they overcharged me on my trip to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Schubes03
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Good Afternoon Schubes03!!!

I wanted to thank you for your kind words in regards to our property and your past stay. We are constantly are trying to improve our breakfast ensuring that the mandatory Hilton items are there but in turn stepping it up a little with some extra new items to enhance the breakfast experience overall.

I also wanted to thank you for your advice in regards to the taxis. It would be greatly appreciated if you could email me to let me know the name of the taxi company you used so that way I can inform my staff about their rates. I would love to also get your opinion on what changes you feel could be made to breakfast, feel free to contact me at Nashyka.Jospitre@hilton.com.

Thank you again for your kind words. On behalf of the entire staff of the Hampton Inn & Suites, Albany-Downtown...CHEERS!!!!!

Nashyka Jospitre & Kyle Dzembo
Guest Services Managers
Hampton Inn& Suites, Albany-Downtown
25 Chapel Street
Albany, NY 12210

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Perfect location to the downtown area, bars, restaurants. We were able to walk everywhere and enjoyed bar hopping at night with friends without worrying about driving. The hotel was clean and quiet and the free breakfast is always nice. Parking was easy but a friends car was broken into so don't leave anything in your car! We would stay there again. And as Diamond Members we weren't offered any of the perks, we had to ask.

Room Tip: We had a room high up and on the corner and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Tavelbee500,

Thank you so much for your kind words on your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that you would stay with us again if ever in the area. Also, I would like to apologize for the Diamond perks not being offered initially. Please rest assured that the car break in was an unfortunate experience that we have been proactive in avoiding in the future. We have increased our security measures and have a great working relationship with the company that owns and operates the parking facility. If you are ever in need of future reservations, or anything of that nature please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

High Prices, snotty help, breakfast a joke, avoid this one.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dranon,

First allow me to apologize for a less than satisfactory experience you had with us recently. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide superior customer service to each of our guests. It is upsetting to discover we were unable to do so during your visit with us. If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to contact myself directly as I am eager to learn the specifics. I can be reached at (518) 432-7000 ext. 4514. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Last minute found this better hotel in downtown Albany. Usually stay closer to the highway- but this was worth it. Clean and convenient. Nice restaurant adjoining.
Thought that the parking fee was a bit unnecessary. Breakfast very poor.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

HalBoston,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your visit with us! We have been working together as a staff to increase the value of the breakfast offered. I would most certainly welcome any suggestions you may have! Also, if you are ever in need of any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a perfectly fine hotel in Albany, great location, fair price. I didn't realize Hampton Inn's are nice. It certainly isn't fancy or high end, but for what it is, you just can't beat it. My room was quiet (9th floor) and clean. Gym small but fine for a hotel gym. Free breakfast. Easy parking next door.

And the staff was as helpful and friendly as any I have encounetered in quite a while. And I travel quite often

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear paulbo,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us in Albany. I'm glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We recently did a lot of work to revamp our exercise facility, we appreciate the feedback. We also do provide free day passes to a local gym just blocks away! I will certainly be sharing your comments with our staff. They will be THRILLED to hear such praises. If you are ever in need of any future reservations or further assistance please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.