Ok, let's get the bad out of the way first which happens to be one's first experience with the hotel if driving and parking here. There are no signs that are logical directing one to either 1) park your car yourself and then hand the keys to the valet or 2) Hand the keys to the valet and the valet will park your car. Since the valet is not anywhere near where you enter, you have no direction. The first day I parked myself then handed my keys to the valet. The second day, I got yelled at when I was parking to bring the car over to the valet hut because they needed to park the car. A simple, large sign or someone working where you pull in would be very helpful and allot more friendly.
The front desk person (named Bennie I think) was awesome. He was friendly, took care of some admin stuff for me, and even offered a unsolicited wake up call for me. Kudos!
The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn which works for me. Good job. Nice lobby.
The room was fine. Not huge but perfectly fine with a flat screen TV and perfectly fine bathroom (a tub for you soakers).
About a block and a half away is Steuben's Athletic Club which you should ask the front desk about if the fitness center is crowded or doesn't meet your needs. Nice benefit!
If I don't crash my car into the valet hut after being yelled at next time, I will return to the excellent hospitality of the front desk and the nicely located Hampton Inn, Downtown Albany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale downtown Albany hotel features 121 lavishly-appointed guest rooms, 35 suites with microwaves and refrigerators, eight whirlpool suites and one executive 2-room suite. The new hotel boasts wired and wireless Internet access, complimentary On the House® hot breakfast, on-site exercise facility with sauna and steam room, plenty of meeting space (we specialize in law firm deposition meetings), fresh hot coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and, of course, Hilton HHonors® points and miles for your stay. Eleven accessible rooms are available. All rooms and suites are smoke free and feature the Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Welcome to Albany’s brightest new star!Yono’s Restaurant, and dp, an American Brasserie, share space near the entrance of the Hampton Inn & Suites! Just a step through the doorway for hotel guests, this upscale fine-dining restaurant features creative continental and Indonesian cuisine for a memorable dining experience.The Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown is centrally and conveniently located to many downtown attractions, government buildings and points of interest. Business travelers will enjoy easy access to the area’s many businesses and corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Albany - Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn Albany
- Albany Hampton Inn