“Disappointing...but maybe they had an off day”

Reel Seafood Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Reel Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 687 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Montreal
“Disappointing...but maybe they had an off day”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

On a recent business trip in the area I went back to the restaurant because I have had many excellent meal there over the past few years with my family.

This one was disappointing.

I menu has changed a lot since my last visit so I couldn't have my favorite main course....broiled blackened scallops so I settled for the only broiled scallop dish on the menu.

They were small, rubbery and were drowning in the buttery bowl. The baked potato was under cooked.

Still hungry I decided to try the rice pudding. It was tough and almost inedible.

Given the excellent meals we have had in the past I am going to give them a "mulligan" on this one and will try it again on my next visit.

Picton, Canada
“Wonderful food, great waiter”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Four of us had dinner here and we all really enjoyed it. We decided to share the appetizers and it was a great choice. We had the Greek calamari which was different than any other calamari I have ever had - they were tender and crisp, with feta cheese, tomato, garlic, spinach etc. The crab cake was full of crab meat, not filling. My favourite was the warm sesame tuna which was perfectly cooked, rare inside and very tender. Our waiter was wonderful, very helpful with our wine selection, friendly without being overbearing.

I look forward to coming here again!

rochester,ny
“excellent seafood restaurant”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

late lunch, had the place almost to ourselves on a very rainy day, chairs comfortable, waitress wonderful, food delicious and very reasonable prices
!

rochester new york
“Excellent, attentive service and good food!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The service was excellent. Our server was attentive, helpful, made suggestions, and best of all, was pleasant and friendly! All aspects of our dinner were good - appetizers fresh and well seasoned. In a group of five, each had a different menu item, and each enjoyed their meal. I would definitely return!

Visited June 2013
Campbell Hall, New York
“Great food, "throwback" atmosphere”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Food was great with a nice selection. Atmosphere seemed a bit dated, but added some amusement. Incredibly attentive staff even on a busy night. Felt like one of those "great finds" - a classic place that's been around a long time but still gets it right.

Visited June 2013