“Speedy and delicious lunch”

Reel Seafood Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Reel Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 688 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Rochester, New York
“Speedy and delicious lunch”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stopped here for a lunch visit while attending a conference. Although I arrived at the height of lunch I was seated right away. The wait staff was knowledgable and helpful in making a selection. I ordered a salmon entree with spinach and it was delicious. The menu features a raw bar and several different fish options.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank uvarobin1

Sparta, New Jersey
“20 Years Between Visits and Still Excellent”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Back in the early to mid 1990s I spent a lot of time on business in Albany. I had eaten in and always enjoyed my meals at Reel Seafood. I was back in town this week and decided to try again after 20 years. I'm so glad I did. The atmosphere was wonderful and the service was superb. For starters I had the Blue Point Oysters and they were excellent. They were very fresh and with two choices of toppings I was wishing I ordered 2 servings. I also tried the crab cake appetizer and that was also fantastic. The bread they provide was very fresh and very tasty. I was not a big fan of the Caesar salad but it was not bad, just not an excellent Caesar. For an entree I ordered the Swordfish and Shrimp combo. This was done perfectly. The swordfish was blackened and the shrimp was in a very tasty garlicky sauce. The sauce blended in with the swordfish and the result was a flavor explosion. Wonderful. Any left over bread was used to soak up the garlicky sauce left on my plate. The Salmon Oscar was also very well prepared. I'm very glad I remembered about Reel Seafood and I hope it is not another 20 years before I visit again.

• Visited November 2012
Portland, Maine
“Underwhelming.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is my second trip to Reel Seafood. The first visit was outstanding which prompted the return (I am from Maine so it's a little out of the way!). Last time my daughter had the baked stuffed haddock and I couldn't keep my fork off her plate. This visit we left our plates mostly full. I didn't realize last time around that they leave the skin on their haddock. But I definitely noticed tonight and the texture was slimy. The breading was significantly undercooked which made it unappetizing. I am disappointed and will not be stopping back again.

Clifton Park New York
“Delicious Birthday Dinner!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday last night! Oh my gosh delicious! I ordered the surf and turf , filet with a lobster tail. The filet was cooked perfectly, the lobster was tender and delicious. My husband got one of the specials, cheddar beer crusted swordfish, he said it was amazing! The homemade bread was to die for, crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Our waitress was nice and attentive and I loved the atmosphere with the big fish tanks and colorful salt water fish. We will definitely be making this one of our favorite places to dine at! :)

• Visited October 2012
Colonie, New York
“My Eyes Get Wide When I Think Of This Place.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

No "if's, and's or but's" If you like seafood, this is the place to go to if you're in the area. It is truly excellent.

Visited April 2012