“Brand new!”

Residence Inn Albany Washington Avenue
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Brand new hotel. Clean, sleek modern rooms. Friendly staff, tasty plentiful breakfast. Really can't ask for anything more. A little tricky to find off main road. Recommend some signage to help guests find the right place to turn. But once found, a true gem !

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Brandon C, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany Washington Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed one night after a meeting in Albany. I usually choose another hotel brand but went with this property strictly for the price. I was not disappointed. This hotel is new and it shows. Very clean, well-designed comfortable rooms, very nice modern bathroom. Didn't get to use the pool but it is large and inviting. Same for the fitness center. I asked for and was given a room on the top floor, all the way down the hall for requested quiet. Large work desk and free wi-fi. Complimentary breakfast was fine with enough selections to please most. Seating at breakfast was lovely, way nicer than you'd usually find at hotel breakfasts.
Location is convenient but peculiar. You can see the hotel from everywhere and the adjacent I90 and I87 but follow directions exactly.
All staff was delightful and helpful. I was welcomed warmly and must give a "shout out" to the woman who is Queen of All Things Breakfast! I'm sorry I don't remember her name but she started my day with laughs and some sage words. Priceless.

Room Tip: Definitely get a high floor. 1st floor rooms are directly on the parking lot and guest basketball c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will make sure to pass on your "shout out" to our breakfast hostess!!!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I checked in early on Saturday afternoon and the staff was soooo accommodating! I wanted to take my kids swimming even if they didn't have a room available. We walked into our suite and my 8 yr old asked if we could stay the week! The room was beautiful, modern, clean. I can't say enough nice things about the hotel! The pool is so spacious, breakfast was delicious! Thank you to the staff, it really looked like everyone was happy to be there:)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

We appreciate your review! We'd love for you to come back and stay a week! Hope to see you again when you are in the area!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

It was just a perfect stay from the moment we checked in until our departure. The manager's complimentary dinner on the Tuesday evening was a treat after a long drive - we did not want to go out or shop and use the great kitchen in our room. Breakfast was very good with a variety of fresh fruit and yogurt along with the usual breakfast treats. The staff were very nice and helpful during the breakfast.

Management - we notice you have no in room recycling or recycling in the common areas. We like to see and expect at least an effort to recycle newspapers, etc.

Room Tip: The hotel is quite new with limited signage before you reach the actual address so it can be a littl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I agree with the recycling and will be something we look into in the near future. If there is anything else you'd like to suggest please feel free to call us at the hotel at 518.218.7241!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I booked a room here for one night since I had a Function at the State Capitol. Though I arrived early, I was able to check in with no problem. This Hotel is Magnificent in every detail. From the Lobby Decor to the exquisite rooms. I booked a King Studio and the Price was affordable. The room was more than I was use to and the Breakfast was good in variety and presentation. I travel a lot so please excuse my metaphors. I call it as I see it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I want to give a Special Thank You to Jessica, who checked us in. A quick note to the Manager, I am a retired Army Officer, and speaking from my years of experience, Jessica is a rising star and an asset to your Establishment. Thanks again, I will be Definitely Back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I travel to a lot of Residence Inns in the Northeast and this property is amazing. The room was incredibly new and spacious. I instantly felt like I could make it my home away lf rom home. It's near the Crossgates Mall which I found to be a nice place to shop and walk around during the down time I had on this business trip. The staff was amazing and I believe a girl named Kerri checked me in. She was great and let me know about the Albany area and the traffic which is important when I'm traveling in that area. In Albany? Stay here! No questions asked.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you! We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again when in Albany!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is a fabulous new Residence Inn. Room are immaculate, and very attractive with comfortable bedding, sofabed and well equipped kitchen.

Breakfast area is large, bright and spacious and staff is very friendly. Love the Residence Inn product as we travel with our dog from time to time and it's great. Located adjacent to a large mall, just be aware that it's hard to find the exact entrance to the hotel and we went around twice with our GPS before figuring it out. It was dark and rainy on the night of our arrival but ask for specific instructions from the hotel if you want to arrive correctly the first time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you! GPS directions do need to say "Washington Ave Extension" otherwise you will end up in downtown Albany. If there were any other comments or suggestions please feel free to call us at the hotel at 518.218.7241. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!!