“Where to start...”

Add it.
Moe's Southwest Grill
Ranked #450 of 747 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

I guess I’ll give credit where credit is due first. The guy with the buzzed and clean cut hair, he was probably the most polite and attentive employee there, props to him. Also want to shout out the employee with the dreads who made our order, he was great, he was the only one who came out from behind the counter when it was slow and cleaned up the tables and swept. So to those two, I say thank you. That’s about where the good stops and the bad starts.

The place was gross, and by gross I mean that I thought about turning around and leaving before I placed my order. I mean food on the floor all over the dining area, food strewn all over the prep counter, half filled beverage cups around the register from the employees, and there were empty slots in the heated serving table so the containers with meats in them kept falling down into the hot water of the serving counter and the employees would have to pick them back up, rearrange the bins and then touch the food they were preparing.

The woman who was working there and was clearly high on methamphetamine cross contaminated a ready to eat food item with a surface that would be considered unclean twice. She also came out from behind the counter several times while we were there, to sip on her drink and in our short time there, she sat down and stood up at least a dozen times in 3 different booths, and was in and out of the back door. I’m pretty sure I did more work carrying my tray to my table than she did in the time that I was there.

Then there was the guy in the green polo shirt and hat. I can only assume that he was a supervisor, as he was on his cell phone at the register. Maybe if he unglued himself from his phone he’d have seen how disgusting it was in there, but I understand, checking the scores from the game are important. When he wasn’t glued to his phone, he was assembling orders without gloves after rubbing his nose with his hands and after handling cash. The people in front of us ordered a quesadilla, which he cut with the pizza cutter tool with one and and steadied the quesadilla with the other, with a bare hand. Then he looked up at us after he did it with a sort of deer in headlight look. Then when it came to our order, he rubbed his nose and then picked up our food items which had foil on them(all without gloves)and then placed the now dirty foil on top of our chips.

Definitely in my top 3 for worst restaurant experiences I’ve ever had.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

Moe's puts together very good burritos at all locations. This locaiton in particular had a lot of dirty tables left uncleaned, but the food was superb as usual. Good to the last bite.

Reviewed July 30, 2016

The idea of adding the ingredients you want make this a great choice for more fussy eaters. Ingredients are always fresh.

Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

I've been to several Moe's locations and this was by far the worst. Place was filthy, staff was unfriendly, food tasted terrible... won't be back.

Reviewed September 26, 2015

So good, fast, and cheap! It's our go-to for a quick bite when we are visiting our daughter on campus. Date says we traveled Aug 2015 but we've been going there since Aug 2012!