“great food and great people”

Anton's Greek American Eatery
Ranked #177 of 683 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: Right across from St. Peter's Hospital
Latham, New York
“great food and great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I ate here last night and were very impressed. The food was great - fresh and soooo tasty. I had the Rankin - yum! The pita is so fresh and soft and good and all the veggies were fresh tasting and the pita was bursting with them. My husband had the gyro and it was fantastic! I'm not a big fan of beef and have never liked lamb, but I'll order that gyro next time I go there! As good as the food are the people...so friendly and so appreciative of our business and our enjoyment of their food. We will definitely go back....soon!

1 Thank Trish B

Latham, New York
“Fabulous and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were warmly greeted as soon as we walked through the door. Order at the counter and then find yourself a seat and they will bring it out to you when it's ready. Everything is fresh and made to order so it may take a few extra minutes. I had the gyro platter which included the gyro, french fries, and a greek salad. It was all delicious. Gyro meat was tender, moist, and tasty. Tomatoes and onions were fresh and tasty and the gyro was huge. My wife had what amounts to a vegaterian gyro and was equally impressed and satisified. Drinks are canned selections of both Pepsi and Coke products. Parking was a concern of mine but was easy to find. Anton's is located in a block of store fronts that include Subway and a Chinese take-out so if you don't find a spot on your first pass, circle around the block and there will probably an open spot next time by. Or, just head up New Scotland Ave one more block. There was plenty of metered parking there and I believe the meters are free after 6:30pm. We will definitely be back. Great taste, big portions, and super friendly and personable owners. Try it for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Albany, NY
“Best gyro maybe ever?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten gyros in Greece. And they were yummy. These rival those. Especially since they stuff them so full. Tasty and stuffed. Great! Best in town for sure!

Saratoga Springs, Ny
“This place is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I came here on a rainy day in need of some delicious filling food! This is a family run restaurant and its the type of family you wish would adopt you-every single person working was so nice! I ordered a gyro platter which came with a gyro, a greek salad, and french fries. It was a ton of food and made so well! I was especially impressed by how delicious the salad was and the gyro was wonderful too (but honestly how can you go wrong with a gyro)! I sat in the restaurant and noticed everyone that walked in was greeted warmly and was thanked on the way out! Definitely a gem in Albany!

• Visited April 2013
“I love this place! Excellent food & staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great for breakfast lunch and dinner! :) Excellent delicious food. So glad Anton's is in my neighborhood. I absolutely must have their Greek salad with grilled chicken regularly its the BEST!