“Great Breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great Breakfast. Perfect Waffles. Perfect Omlettes. Best Rye Toast I've had in years.
Home baked bread for French Toast.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank robert G

“Bland, overpriced food!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive family style resturant in the area of our hotel and thought this local diner would be promising...It was dismal. I ordered the fried jumbo shrimp at $14.99-what I got was 7 regular shrimp, butterflied, coated in so much batter I had to scrape off piles of it to find the shrimp, which was
overdone and mealy. When I registered my concern with the waiter(the few times
I saw him) he could care less. Stay away.

3 Thank Riotgirrl73
Clifton Park, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gateway Diner”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Sunday August 5th 2012
11:43AM
My partner and I have been going to the Gateway Diner (899 Central Ave Albany N.Y 12206) for years. On the morning of, we decided to have our breakfast at the above diner. We sat at a seat that we requested and had an okay server “Sue S” who could have been more personable and more engaging. I ordered the He-Man (For thoughts of you whom know the diner). To my delight the food came out promptly and I was eager to get started. As I came to the last dish (French toast) I had noticed a small black speck. At first I thought it was burnt toast but after closer inspection it was a dead/fried Cricket! After waiting a moment (trying to control my stomach from vomiting) I took the plat to the counter. At that moment four waitresses came and asked if I was satisfied with my meal. At that moment I slid the plate to them and said NO! They also suggested it was disgusting and took the plate to management. As I wait for management to come out, the bus boy suggested (in a rude manner) that should have a seat and the waiter will come to my table. I thanked him for his suggestion and explained to him that I was fine just standing here. He then suggested a second time and I again thanked him and explained (again) that I was fine standing there. They were pleased to comp me for my meal but still expected me to pay for my partner’s meal of $7.21. As I was paying the bill, management came out and apologized for the Cricket in my French toast. At that moment I was able to tell the manager that I have been going there for year and will never be back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Goliath C
Albany, New York
“A favorite”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This diner is probably by far my favorite diner. They are very efficient and the food is great. It may appear to be a long line, but they work pretty quickly. Everything is reasonable price-wise.

Visited June 2012
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Best Breakfast”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Wow, we stopped in on our way through Albany - wish we lived closer. The breakfast pastries were amazing! Hope to be back soon,,,,, want more dessert!

• Visited July 2012