“Fantastic food and service”

Barcelona Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were a party of 7 going out to celebrate my daughter's graduation from SUNY Albany. It is a great location if you are visiting the campus, being just across the street. Everything was perfect. The food was delicious and plentiful.

1  Thank Dennis C

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We are visiting this restaurant tonight for the third time in less than four months. I don't know why it took me so long to write a review. Each visit to the restaurant our food experience has been perfect. The seafood dishes are just wonderful. My wife and I have had the salmon, swordfish and red snapper dishes. Each dish is a creation we enjoyed. Besides the food, the service is one of the best anywhere. The service people are very professional, helpful and enjoyable to be associated when being served. This restaurant is great for a special occasion or just a night out for a great meal and excellent service.

1  Thank Bob C
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We recently had dinner here. I found the food under seasoned, but it was healthful. I had salmon Barcelona, which came with a salad. The warm bread with dipping sauce was good, as was the tres leches dessert. Service was fine.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had heard from a few people that Barcelona was pretty good but I still didn't have high expectations just because of its location. Its a very good restaurant though, the food is excellent, great menu, I especially like the Veal Daniel. The service can be a little slow so don't go there in a hurry but the food more than makes up for it. One of the best restaurants in Albany for sure. Nice rooftop deck when the weather warms up.

1  Thank Gehoff
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We decided to try Barcelona with a Restaurant.com certificate. We did not realize that we should have made a reservation, but were seated on the second floor, which was fine. The waitress was very friendly and answered all of our questions. We had a Caprese appetizer, which was fantastic--lots of fresh basil, and perfect tomatoes. I had the Pollo al Citron, which was SO good. The rice side was tasty, though a tad salty, and the steamed vegetables were nicely done. My husband had the Veal Daniel, which was a real treat. The veal was very tender and the sauce was very tasty, with amazing little bites of prosciutto in it. This is not a place to go if you are in a hurry, but for a leisurely date night, it's perfect.