“Great Service,Average Mexican Food”

El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 688 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Staten Island, New York, United States
“Great Service,Average Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My parents live in Albany. My Dad wanted to try this place for his birthday. We had a party of 6 Adults, a 12 year old and 3 year old. Upon arriving they sat us in the main dining room. At 730pm on a Saturday Night there was only 1 couple just finishing diner. Made me wonder how good the food was, however it was crowded on there outdoor patio(beautiful night).
The waitress provided excellent service. She was helpful in making suggestions and was great with the toddler. She never made us feel rushed and was very accomodating.
I would say the best food was the guacamole . Everything else was average. Not bad, just nothing to write home about. Portions were large. Prices are very reasonable .
Our total bill with a few drinks was $150.
I would recommend for anybody looking to be treated the right way and have a decent meal out.
P.S. YES, we did leave the waitress an extra large tip.

• Visited August 2013

Baden(outside Toronto)
“Great Authentic Mexcian!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Loved the food here, very fast quick service, large portions and amazing flavours.
Salsa bar to pick your own poison.

Kids had a cheese quesadilla with apple sauce. They enjoyed that.
I had a burrito and chimichanga Turkey combo. Beans were great, burrito and chimi were stuffed. My husband had the tacos and loved them too.
We walked away stuffed and happy!

• Visited August 2013
“Just okay in every way.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went here on the recommendation of several people in Albany. It was lunch time on a Friday and I have to say everything was just okay. My companion had the coconut frozen Margarita, which she said was great, and she did order a second one. i had a diet Coke and it took a looooong time for the server to offer a refill. The food I ordered was served pretty much lukewarm. It was tasty, but the cheese was congealed and gummy. The salsa they served with the chips was okay, although there were huge chunks of onion in it, and the chips were overcooked and hard to chew. The service was lackluster; the waitress didn't smile at all and was pretty slow. It's true she was serving a pretty large party next to us, but smiling doesn't hurt, does it? The price was okay. I am not sure if I would return here or not. Probably not. It was just average. Not bad, I guess, but not great. Nice patio seating.

• Visited July 2013
East Greenbush, New York
“Best Mexican Restaurant! Best Chimichangas!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Best Mexican restaurant ever.
Love: Their salsa and fresh chips. Their mango margaritas. The chicken chimichangas, with whatever sauce you want. Honestly, I get this every time and love it.
Dislike: I wish there were more covered outdoor seating spots and that they were open 24/7 and delivered.

What a fantastic place. I will go back over and over again. Love this place!

• Visited June 2013
Albany, New York
“Best Mexican Restaurant, Hands Down”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

El Mariachi is easily one of my favorite restaurants, as far as Mexican fare is concerned. From their chips and homemade salsa, to their guacamole, to the entrees (enchiladas El Mariachi... phenomenal)... they are consistent and delicious. It puts other local Mexican restaurants to shame. As an added bonus, Cheesemake Machismo is right next door for a fantastic dessert. Love it!

• Visited June 2013