“Just okay in every way.”

El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went here on the recommendation of several people in Albany. It was lunch time on a Friday and I have to say everything was just okay. My companion had the coconut frozen Margarita, which she said was great, and she did order a second one. i had a diet Coke and it took a looooong time for the server to offer a refill. The food I ordered was served pretty much lukewarm. It was tasty, but the cheese was congealed and gummy. The salsa they served with the chips was okay, although there were huge chunks of onion in it, and the chips were overcooked and hard to chew. The service was lackluster; the waitress didn't smile at all and was pretty slow. It's true she was serving a pretty large party next to us, but smiling doesn't hurt, does it? The price was okay. I am not sure if I would return here or not. Probably not. It was just average. Not bad, I guess, but not great. Nice patio seating.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Best Mexican restaurant ever.
Love: Their salsa and fresh chips. Their mango margaritas. The chicken chimichangas, with whatever sauce you want. Honestly, I get this every time and love it.
Dislike: I wish there were more covered outdoor seating spots and that they were open 24/7 and delivered.

What a fantastic place. I will go back over and over again. Love this place!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

El Mariachi is easily one of my favorite restaurants, as far as Mexican fare is concerned. From their chips and homemade salsa, to their guacamole, to the entrees (enchiladas El Mariachi... phenomenal)... they are consistent and delicious. It puts other local Mexican restaurants to shame. As an added bonus, Cheesemake Machismo is right next door for a fantastic dessert. Love it!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Best Mexican Resstaurant in Town by far. Everything is great, Food Drinks staff. Even people out of town love it.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Located right across from the Empire state plaza, nice place for lunch or drinks. Each time I've been here my food has been good and service has been ample.