“Better dine in than take...”

Van's Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 691 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Better dine in than take out.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
There are newer reviews for Van's Vietnamese Restaurant

Reviewed April 25, 2008

The food and service were excellent.

1  Thank aimodestructo
Reviewed January 27, 2008

A friend inveigled me to come here to observe my birthday, and how glad I am that she did. I have had home-cooked Vietnamese food before and rarely expect a restaurant to be able to duplicate it, but Van's surpassed any home-cooking I have tried. I dragged my husband and kids here two weeks later to mixed reviews. My husband was less-than-thrilled with his crispy flounder (for which we were charged substantially more than the listed price), but my kids cleaned their plates and roared for more. The food is not only pleasing to the palate, with its multiplicity of tastes and textures,it is lovely to look at. The servers were fine. I never expect to be fawned over in an Asian restaurant, but we were never ignored and our requests were often anticipated, unobtrusively. This is one of my favorite places to eat--I just hate Central Avenue!

10  Thank Lori12309