“Food/Service Wonderful”

Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
East Greenbush, NY
“Food/Service Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been to TJ's several times with partner or friends and have never been disappointed with the service or with our meals. My partner loves reubens and claims that TJ's has one of the best. I personally love rare roast beef sandwiches and have never been disappointed. I would also recommend their home-made soups...Delicious!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank sunshine1252

Albany, NY
“Great Place For A Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

This week we celebrated by daughter's birthday at TJ's (It was our third family birthday the past 8 months at this restaurant) and we weren't dissappointed. It happened to be a Tuesday night when they offer a chicken parm special for $8.99. One good size breast with delicious sauce/cheese, bread, salad and a side of pasta. Half of our group decided on this while others selected prime rib. There's was a good choice too! Service was great, food outstanding and it came out hot! Got a bottle of wine for $18 and we were all set. We keep coming here because we expect everything to always be great. So far TJ's Cafe hasn't let us down.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank 14alnjan
Albany, New York
“Average - nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

They seem to have weird hours . I do like the seafood salad. The dressing is yum. It's the kind of place to go if everything else has a wait.

1 Thank KAMou62
Albany, NY
“great prices, good service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is a local restaurant on Central Ave, in close proximity to motels and businesses. We've never had a bad meal there, we've always had good service and the portions are large enough to feed yourself for at least one more meal. Try it, you'll like it.

2 Thank Sojourners35
Albany, NY
“Good Food, Good Prices, Good Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Several times a month my wife and I like to eat out to give her a break from cooking. We don't like franchise restaurants and prefer something a little more atmospheric than a diner. I usually lunch at TJ's Cafe with cohots and former co-workers for great hamburgers with steak size fries or their special fish fry because the food is tasty and ample and service is great with a no rush feeliing so it was a no-brainer to select TJ's for the occasional dinner and experience dinner items from their eclectic menu which includes a couple of good salads. We have never been disappointed in our meals. Their food is not gourmet, just good old fashioned good tasting and satisfying served in a casual environment populated I noticed mostly by neighborhood people. The restaurant is separated from an active local bar that does not spill over to the dining room. Their are daily specials for lunch and dinner that tempt me to deviate from my narrow list of tried and proven "usuals". They have always been a pleasant change. I think the restaurant gets its clientele from word of mouth advertising because I have never seen or heard an ad. Nevertheless, the word must be good because they usually are very busy, but not so busy causing a wait of more than 20 minutes. The relaxed atmosphere, the good food and low prices will keep me going back for lunches and dinner for a long time.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank bjo164

Been to T J's Cafe? Share your experiences!