“Amazing entrees, but you can skip dessert.”

Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 694 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Myself and two co-workers were in Albany on business and looking for a relaxed place that had some New York atmosphere. The mafia themed waitstaff and decor are fun, but it was the food that will have us coming back on our next trip. I had the steak medallions over Alfredo pasta and the Caprese salad. Both were incredible! For dessert I ordered the special, peanut butter cheesecake- big disappointment! My coworkers ordered the lobster special and the other ordered the additional peppers, mushrooms and onions. Both raved about them the rest of the trip. This was our favorite meal during the week long stay in Albany!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

When visiting in Albany, NY recently, I randomly selected Delmonico's from a list of restaurants on my GPS. It tured out to be one of the most enjoyable experiences my wife and I have had in a long time! The restaurant offers a fun experience, which is evident even before you walk in the door. The parking lot was full and overflowing into an adjacent lot, which is, in itself, great advertisement for a restaurant. The moment you walk in the door, you are aware that you are in for a fun evening! The theme sees to revolve around famous Italian characters, from entertainers, to celebrities, and even to "famous" gangsters. There are caricatures of such people on all of the walls, and the servers are all dressed to match. On the negative side, the air conditioning was set at about minus 85 degrees (or so it felt), so we were very uncomfortable in that respect. There was a nearby table filled with what appeared to be retired firefighters, who may have had "one too many," and were VERY loud. Our young server may have had a bad day, as she was not friendly at all. Yet, she was efficient, in spite of also waiting on the firefighters. As for the food, my wife and I split a 24-ounce (yes, that's right!) "Delminico" steak that was grilled to perfection! Oh, my! What a GREAT evening! All I can say is, if you ever have the chance to visit a Delmonico's Restaurant, DO IT! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went to the Delmonico's in Albany on a recent business trip and my food was amazing. I got the special, which consisted of filet tips with gorgonzola cheese over a fettucine pasta, and it was amazing. The filet tips were cooked perfectly and were tender and delicious, as well as the pasta. Since I don't live in New York, I was sad to think I may not be able to visit this restaurant again, but when I just checked their website, I see they have a location in Orlando. Will definitely be stopping by that location on my next trip to Orlando. Hope it is up to par with the Albany location!.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went there for dinner and I must say, if you want an incredible steak, order the Delmonico. It is an amazing ribeye cooked to perfection. The service here is also great. Gets kind of busy but what do you expect? Once you sit down, its good service.

Whenever we're near Delmonico's we always try to get in. Also, the prices are good compared to a really upscale restaurant. I do remember when the Delmonico was about $12. Now it's $21.95 but I still get it.

I highly recommend this restaurant and of course we will be back!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I very rarely eat at chains. But, I make the exception for Delmonico's. Their Utica Greens are to die for!

Always great food, great service, and the portions are large enough that you can take them home to eat the following day! Can't wait for the new one to open in Clifton Park!

Been to Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!