“Dissapointed”

Inferno Pizzeria
Ranked #257 of 698 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We ordered many times from Inferno and every time there seemed to be an issue. The crust always seemed to be overdone. We even called and they told us next time we could have a credit. Well that doesn't look very well when you have people in from the City for a meeting and promise them good pizza. Would have like to have seen them make a effort to replace it.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Inferno was recommended for lunch by my hotel front desk, when i was in Albany. i was on the hunt for true NY style pizza. The place was empty when i arrived at 2pm, but i was greeted and quickly seated by a great server named Holly. I started off with Italian Greens (i never see that on menus anywhere) which was a simple, yet delicious dish - exactly how it should be prepared ( i suggest adding a little red pepper flake to make it even better). I have fond memories eating this when my grandmother used to make it for us as kids and it was perfect on this misty fall day. All i needed was a little bread to soak up the stock and ample amount of parmesan cheese. I also tried a veal parm sub, which was well made and passed my tastebud test (the bread wasn't stellar - but it beat most of the crappy bread that i get at Italian places in the west!). The veal is probably prepared in advance also - as it wasnt crispy - but it still was good. Now for the critical part of my review: the pizza was good quality - but not true, thin crust, Neapolitan NYC style pie... I was bummed - the cheese and sauce were tasty but the crust, while made from good ingredients, was just too thick for my taste. im eating a piece cold right now - and again - its good pizza - just not what i was hoping for in NY. the experience was overall very good. The service was top notch except for over hearing one of the kitchen guys tell the waitress "no way" when she asked for help carrying a overloaded bus tub. one of the owners did come over to say hello and ask me how everything was, which was also cool. i will stop in again for the Italian Greens and try some other dishes my next time through town. Get a better "team player" in your kitchen help or tell them to stay out of the dinning room and not to be rude to the servers! bummer

Reviewed May 23, 2013

had ordered eggplant parm for 2--had to throw it away! It was awful. Eggplant was not skinned and so tough. Will never order from them again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

No flavor to food, seems as if they just throw tomato sauce and paste on food with no seasoning. We had to doctor it up---

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I believe prices are a bit high because of all the coupons that this restaurant offers lately. Our recent experience with a coupon was an average meal. I ordered pasta primavera and the portion was huge but the dish did not have much flavor. Husband enjoyed his wrap that was much smaller but I thought the fries were mediocre. The place was spotless and that was nice but in the future if I ordered anything it would be pizza and it would be for take out and not dine in.

Been to Inferno Pizzeria? Share your experiences!