“solid italian food & decent pizza”
Review of Inferno Pizzeria

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Inferno Pizzeria
Ranked #224 of 702 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Inferno was recommended for lunch by my hotel front desk, when i was in Albany. i was on the hunt for true NY style pizza. The place was empty when i arrived at 2pm, but i was greeted and quickly seated by a great server named Holly. I started off with Italian Greens (i never see that on menus anywhere) which was a simple, yet delicious dish - exactly how it should be prepared ( i suggest adding a little red pepper flake to make it even better). I have fond memories eating this when my grandmother used to make it for us as kids and it was perfect on this misty fall day. All i needed was a little bread to soak up the stock and ample amount of parmesan cheese. I also tried a veal parm sub, which was well made and passed my tastebud test (the bread wasn't stellar - but it beat most of the crappy bread that i get at Italian places in the west!). The veal is probably prepared in advance also - as it wasnt crispy - but it still was good. Now for the critical part of my review: the pizza was good quality - but not true, thin crust, Neapolitan NYC style pie... I was bummed - the cheese and sauce were tasty but the crust, while made from good ingredients, was just too thick for my taste. im eating a piece cold right now - and again - its good pizza - just not what i was hoping for in NY. the experience was overall very good. The service was top notch except for over hearing one of the kitchen guys tell the waitress "no way" when she asked for help carrying a overloaded bus tub. one of the owners did come over to say hello and ask me how everything was, which was also cool. i will stop in again for the Italian Greens and try some other dishes my next time through town. Get a better "team player" in your kitchen help or tell them to stay out of the dinning room and not to be rude to the servers! bummer

Reviewed May 23, 2013

had ordered eggplant parm for 2--had to throw it away! It was awful. Eggplant was not skinned and so tough. Will never order from them again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

No flavor to food, seems as if they just throw tomato sauce and paste on food with no seasoning. We had to doctor it up---

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I believe prices are a bit high because of all the coupons that this restaurant offers lately. Our recent experience with a coupon was an average meal. I ordered pasta primavera and the portion was huge but the dish did not have much flavor. Husband enjoyed his wrap that was much smaller but I thought the fries were mediocre. The place was spotless and that was nice but in the future if I ordered anything it would be pizza and it would be for take out and not dine in.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We’d been unsatisfied by the service of this place in recent times, but decided to give it another try, as the food had been reasonably consistent. Well, things don’t change. The young lady at the counter [a different person than the last time we walked in this place months ago] didn’t bother to look up from her smart phone as she proceeded to text/FB/surf or whatever she her activity was on her smartphone. Even the cooks gave her odd looks while we waited. A couple of minutes of us patiently at attention, she finally finished her text or surf and took our order, which was simply pizza to go.

The cooks made our order, and placed it into a box and on the ‘ready’ window between the kitchen area and the room where the cashier/clerk/takeout area is located. Again, this young lady was too busy counting her tip bucket. The cooks had to call her attention a few times before she finally turned around, grabbed the small pizza box, and handed it to me. We really regret that we'd tipped right after we ordered, since she definitely didn’t deserve any. We'd give it a 1 due to the service, but the pizza is decent.

Seems we won’t be a patron at this establishment again for at least a few months, despite its convenient location. And we used to buy dinners or eat in at this place on a weekly basis. Sigh…

Been to Inferno Pizzeria? Share your experiences!