“Over rated”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Mungland
“Over rated”
Reviewed December 16, 2008

My "sausage" dish, was prepared w/o the sausage which totally ruined the meal, when questioned about it, the waitor gave me atitude and made me feel like an idiot, needless to say, I left him 5 cents for a tip . Also, way, too noisy for a date place. Overall, a lousy experience and will definitely not go there again.

6 Thank munnster76

Toronto, Canada
“Exquisite”
Reviewed December 5, 2008

My husband and I arrived early due to flight scheduling changes,and they were more than accomodating by seating us at another table while waiting for our reserved table.
Cozy atmosphere, wait staff attentive and above average, plus pleasant and genuinely friendly !!!
As for the food ......it was EXQUISITE, DELICIOUS and SUPERB....From the antipasto to portobello mushroom appetizers to the warmed Italian bread with flavourful dipping oil to our main courses of Veal Francese to Chicken Vino Bianco, you could not ask for more except maybe to have saved room for dessert.... !!!!!
Our compliments to your Establishment, your Staff and most of all your Cuisine !!!
Makes it worth flying to Albany just for dinner here !!!
Thank you !!!

3 Thank CruiseWhere
Albany, NY
“The best Italian restaurant in Albany”
Reviewed October 17, 2008

This is the best Italian restaurant in Albany. The food is to die for and the service is excellent. My husband is from Italy and I cook Italian food all the time, but this restaurant has menu items that are different from the way we cook, maybe it's from a different region in Italy, but it's amazing and we love it. It's pricey but worth it. It's where we go on "special occasions". I can't imagine anyone being disappointed going here.

1 Thank Libby215
Long Island, NY
“Don't let the neighborhood deter you from eating at this great restaurant!”
Reviewed October 14, 2008

This is one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever visited - anywhere! The neighborhood it's located in is a little run down, but once inside, the restaurant's atmosphere is nice (though the dining room is tiny - reservations are a must), the service impeccable, and the food outstanding! Portion sizes were very generous, and prices were moderate - dinner for two with drinks and appetizers was around $100.

Definitely try Caffe Italia - you won't be sorry (or hungry!)

2 Thank JennMann
Southern Vermont
“Albany delight”
Reviewed September 29, 2008

We had dinner here for the first time prior to going to a show last night. We arrived a few minutes late for our reservation, and the hour and a half we had left was not quite enough to enjoy a leisurely dinner, but that was our fault. Allocate at least two hours to have a relaxed dinner here, because it is busy.

The steaming bread with the garlic/caper olive oil for the table was a delicious nibble to get started. The salads that came with our dinners were simple with excellent dressings. I chose the crab and lobster ravioli with a cream tarragon sauce that I thought was fantastic. We all had a glass of the house chianti which was fine. Unfortunately we didn't have time to enjoy one of the desserts, but next time we will!

As others have noted, it doesn't look like anything terribly special from the outside, and it is unpretentious on the inside, but nice. One fairly small bustling room, full of happy diners.

1 Thank Julia_celebrating_40

Been to Caffe Italia? Share your experiences!