“Never Disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I went to Caffe Italia for dinner two weekends ago. I still have the vision of her veal chop in my head. It was one of the specials that evening and looked simply amazing. She had it prepared pizzaiola style and enjoyed it immensely. Of course, she could not finish it and brought it home for the next day's dinner. I tasted it at the restaurant and it was incredible! Now, that is not to say that there was something wrong with my dinner. I love the veal at Caffe Italia and usually get one of their delicious veal dishes. However, this time I decided to get the shrimp, not veal, sorrento. Wow! It was great and a very pleasant surprise. I would definitely have this dish again. But, not until I have the veal chop! The service was great as usual. The waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly, as was the hostess. But, they always are very friendly and knowledgeable. We have never been disappointed with anything at Caffe Italia and this dinner was no exception.

2  Thank William C

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I dined there this past weekend and had the best meal in a long time. The Veal Chop with roasted spicy peppers was just over the top. An appetizer of broiled scallops in a cream horsradish sauce, a great salad and a real side of spagetti in red. I just couldn't say enough to the waitter. Awsum. My wife had a veal dish and loved it. The place charges, but with food like I had, it was worth every dime!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Always good food and service. A bit pricy but worth it. NY Little Italy ambiance in an easily accessable area. Parking could be an issue.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very small but but very nice italian restaurant. Excellent food and service. A bit on the expensive side for this type of cuisine but it was very well prepared. Tables are close to each other so it is not the place to have an intimate romantic dinner, unless you can be seated at the one private table in the front window,

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We've been going here for years and it's still the best Italian around. The veal dishes are fantastic. Admittedly, the prices are steep but you get what you pay for. We've gone for lunch a number of times and the prices are considerably lower while the portions are close to what they serve at dinner.
The wait staff are pros and we have never found the service lacking in any way. As mentioned in previous reviews, call for reservations.

Been to Caffe Italia? Share your experiences!