“Excellent traditional Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe Italia

Caffe Italia
Ranked #15 of 683 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent traditional Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very small but but very nice italian restaurant. Excellent food and service. A bit on the expensive side for this type of cuisine but it was very well prepared. Tables are close to each other so it is not the place to have an intimate romantic dinner, unless you can be seated at the one private table in the front window,

• Visited December 2012

“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We've been going here for years and it's still the best Italian around. The veal dishes are fantastic. Admittedly, the prices are steep but you get what you pay for. We've gone for lunch a number of times and the prices are considerably lower while the portions are close to what they serve at dinner.
The wait staff are pros and we have never found the service lacking in any way. As mentioned in previous reviews, call for reservations.

• Visited December 2012
“Service was very slow, but food was good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The service was very slow...we were there for over 3 hours. Good thing we had already decided not to go to a movie, because we would have missed it anyway.

2 Thank Jenniferslane
“Disappointing service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I've dined throuhout this country and many places throughout the world and never had such rude service. My salad, which came before our appetizer had the wrong dressing. When I advised one of the several different servers rather than apologize Sal said sarcastically, "We're trying to keep you on your toes." When asked why the salad came before the appetizer, in a condescending tone Sal replied, "That's how we do it here." He interupted me and was base. The couple next to us and a larger party was served, their food eaten and dinner finished before we received our entree. These tables were seated at the same time as us. No apologies offered but more snide remarks, even suggesting I was from a place in another state. I'm not, I'm from Albany and my wife and I always wanted to try this restaurant and we did on our anniversary. never again. What a shame because the food was fabulous. But the experience was classless and disrespectful.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank Phillip-o-berio
Colonie, New York
“I Loved It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

One of the best dining experiences that I've had in my life! The food was beyond delicious and perfectly prepared and presented. The staff was very attentive. A real treasure! Just wonderful. Just remember, it's not cheap. Reservations are HIGHLY recommended and suggested.

Visited November 2011

Been to Caffe Italia? Share your experiences!