“Used to be a decent place to eat”
Review of Sitar Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Sitar Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Not a huge Indian food fan but enjoy a good meal once in a while. Food was dry and seemed old/re-heated several times. Flavors were way off from authentic Indian cuisine, was like they used hot spice to cover up the true flavors. I have been to this place maybe 10-12 times, and am now done with it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We've always had very good meals here - somewhat limited on their drink offerings but the food comes however hot you ask for it. Make sure to order enough for leftovers!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family has always loved the Sitar - friendly service, great and abundant food, and a varied menu. We stopped there recently for dinner and vowed never to return. The service was horrible although the restaurant wasn't more than 1/4 full. There was one chef cooking. I was amazed that he looked so calm (the kitchen is visible through a glass partition) until I realized he simply didn't care how long the food took to come out. Dishes that were always served with rice came out with no rice, the bread was served long after the rest of the meal, it took forever for the waiter to take even our drink order, and the wait between the apps and the entrees was eternal. The food was actually pretty good but the experience ruined the meal.

If I didn't have a history of enjoying meals there I would have given it one star, but I'm hoping my trip there was just an off night for the Sitar. Still, it was bad enough that I won't go again.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Best chicken tikka masala I've ever had. They have a buffet Tues through Sat or Sun and it's 10.85 for lunch, amazing. Consistent, friendly, portions are huge. Love it here!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

This is a great place to get Indian style food. A little long in the tooth as far as décor, but the food is good an the lamb is American rather then New Zealand. Service is prompt and courteous.