“best chinese food in the area !!!”
Review of Emperor's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 19, 2013

me and my wife have not been able to get good Chinese food since the flower drum song closed in Queensbury NY last year ....we went to the emporer today while we were in albany because of the reviews on trip advisor ..let me tell you that all though the building is not the fanciest , the food is as good as any that i we have had !!!!!. the duck lo mien was out of this world ,off the charts good !! i had jumbo shrimp in black bean sauce w/ brown rice ,my wife had the squid in black bean sauce w/ white rice ...good service !!! highly recommend it ..they have an extensive menu ..great place, will return soon ..for some oysters in black bean sauce !!!

1  Thank jrozUpstateNewYork

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We live not far from here and eat here often . Excellent soups . Tasty sauces . Fresh ingredients .The food is more like what we ate in Chinatown in Montreal , not the greasy weird stuff they sell in mall quick food pretend Chinese restaurants . Fully recommended !

1  Thank gidtanner
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Ever since its inception on Lark St in Albany, this has been the premier Chinese restaurant in the area. Its Jumbo Shrimp with Honey Walnuts has long since been my favorite, and everything else there is equally wonderful, including their nightly specials. Its relatively new location, on Wolf Road across from Colonie Center, makes me wonder why, if you've got a craving for excellent Chinese food, you would even think about eating anywhere else. The atmosphere is pleasing, the staff is attentive, and the prices are reasonable. Be prepared to enjoy!

1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We've dined here many times. The service is always outstanding, the food on par with some of the best. But it's really the value that keeps us locked in on the Emperor's!!! Portions are very large for what you pay. Like getting a BOGO.
Our servers are attentive but non-distracting and remembered us after second visit.
This restaurant is rarely full and that's a plus! Less noise, faster service and an all around better dining experience than the other offerings on Wolf Rd.
If you like good sit down Chinese, you'll appreciate the Emperor's!

2  Thank spotsdad
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I go here all the time for lunch. $8.50 gets you out the door including tax and tip and you've had a lovely, AUTHENTIC meal, that satisfies. This food has flavor! I try and get other places to come close, by making special orders and sometimes I get lucky. Their won ton soup is a 10 with others just salty broth with blobs in it, by comparison! Get the shreaded beef with mixed veg. and spicy sauce... you'll be happy if you like spicy heat. Service is AWESOME, you have to stop them, when you are ready to go.

2  Thank nrich