“Best non-chain pizza in the Albany, NY area”

Paesan's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #259 of 702 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I do realize that this restaurant is now a local chain, but when I say chain I mean Pizza Hut, Domino's or Papa John's.

This is my number one pick for best local pizza in the Capital Region. I have been a huge fan for about ten years now since someone introduced me to the Albany restaurant. Fortunately this restaurant expanded and is now in more convenient locations.

The pizza is delicious NYC style pizza, I am a pizza aficionado and this is the real deal. I love taking new friends/acquaintances here and seeing how pleasantly surprised they are by the quality of the pizza.

I have tried the pepperoni rolls in the past, they are good too. I can't speak much to how tasty the other food is but I highly recommend the pizza.

I will say this isn't the cheapest place to get pizza, but it's worth the extra $.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Their food is what I expect in NY Pizza! Fast delivery for a busy restaurant, good prices! I disliked nothing.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

BE WARNED:

The pizza is disgusting, borderline inedible. I ordered a BBQ Chicken pizza and expected to taste the BBQ sauce--because when you advertise a food product to contain BBQ sauce, it should contain enough to be tasted by the customer, right? Nope, at Paesan's, flavor costs extra. But all of the money and pre-packaged BBQ sauce in the world couldn't fix the terrible, chewy crust and rubbery, cheap mozzarella.

My boyfriend politely called to complain, and to request a refund/exchange for the inedible crap. The manager--to paraphrase--told us that the BBQ sauce was extra and it was our fault for not knowing this. As a first (and last) time customer, I was pretty floored to learn that the sauce costs extra at Paesan's. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you are anywhere near the college neighborhoods and you want delivery they are all crap. This one is just the least crappy. They are good with order accuracy, timing is pretty solid too. It just mass produced delivery pizza for drunk kids. It is what it is, don't expect your mind to be blown. It is at least consistant. The wings are ok too, again, deisgned to be consumed when intoxicated. In Albany if you want good pizza you have to dine in. The best place doesn't deliver.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Paesan's has multiple locations in the Capitol region, I used the Rotterdam location as it is closest. I used them for my trays of hot foods and cold salads and tthey were phenomenal! All of my guests were extremely pleased. The staff is wondeful and accomodating and I couldn't have been happier!

Been to Paesan's Pizza & Restaurant? Share your experiences!