“A plus”

Ranked #4 of 14 Dessert in Albany
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Established in 1976, Dave and Ron continue the Grandma's tradition of excellent meals for any occasion, friendly service and the best pies - Just like Grandma used to make! Granny's recipes prepared on the premises with old-fashioned skill provide a difference that you can taste. Homemade dinners, soups, quiches and hand-made hamburger patties of select ground beef on home baked rolls are but a few of the menu items of this unique restaurant. From our "World Famous" Cream of Turkey Soup to our 46 varieties of home baked pies to celebrating every holiday with festive decorations and coordinating uniforms, you'll feel right at home when you sit down to any meal with our family.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My sister in law recommeded that I go to grandma's restaurant while in albany. Glad I went!!! The service was outstanding. I had a spinach salad with eggs and bacon bits and their own italian dressing. It was good! I also had a slice of their apple pie. Their pie crust was amazing...light and tasting. My only complaint was their restaurant decor was outdated.

Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Breakfast on Mother's Day. If we'd been 15 minutes later, we might still be waiting for a table. 4 adults and 1 child. The food was good but it took a while to get it. My oatmeal was luke warm but everyone else's food was hot. It took a while to get the check but they were busy. The locals must like it as it was crowded by 8:30. We probably won't go back.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is pretty cool. The restaurant was jam packed because of an AIDS charity night where the restaurant was donating sales to charity. Very noble gesture. Loved the Mothers Day decor.

My special came with a slice of pumpkin pie that was really good. I ordered the chicken parm and though the sauce was ordinary, the chicken was a good size, crunchy and tasty.

The service was good...diner style. I enjoyed my meal and would go back. The food was similar to most diners and that is not a bad thing. The locals like it, which says something. Thanks Grandma!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great spot for breakfast or lunch, great pies and quiche. Large selection, sandwiches and specials, best spot for comfort food. Crazy decorating for holidays, like an elementary school decorating committee gone crazy, but it makes you smile and adds to the place somehow.

1  Thank Vintagebydesign
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a great place to go for breakfast because their meals are always good, fast and there are plenty of choices. We went today because we had a voucher where we paid $10 for $20 worth of food. Their lunch and dinner menu is good too---their cream of turkey soup is the best I've ever tasted. However, if it's breakfast you are looking for, you can't go wrong here. The service is attentive and the coffee is refilled frequently (very important to me!)