“Was my favorite restaurant.”

The Barnsider Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We have been dining The Barnsider Restaurant since it was in Colonie Center in 1968. Their medium-rare top sirloin is my favorite. On Wednesday April 9 I was served a top sirloin that was medium-well and full of grizzle which they gladly returned. My wife's medium-rare sliced sirloin was excellent. The next top sirloin I received was about 1" thick ( the usual cut is about 2") medium with no sear or taste. It must be the chef was told of the grizzle and made sure the next steak had no grizzle.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had dined at the Barnsider several years ago and had an absolutely inedible meal but being of the mind that everyone deserves a second chance, I decided to dine there again with some friends. The menu describes how you want your steak cooked, so I ordered a sirloin, medium, with rice pilaf as my side dish. The steak came rare/medium rare so I sent it back. After about 10 minutes a waiter returned with my steak and a piece of parsley. I asked where the rice was and the waiter returned with a side of vegetables. I told him I ordered rice with my meal and he finally returned with a side dish of it. By the time I got my meal, the other 3 people I was with were almost finished with their meals and the aggravation ruined my meal. So if you want a nice dinner go somewhere else!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We thought we'd try Barnsider before flying out for vacation the next morning on an early flight. The food was great, and the service was incredible. It's been a long time since I've been paid that much attention while dining. These guys are trained well, and reminded me of a bygone era when professional waiters were, well, professional. Great food, great service. Who needs more.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I LOVE the Barnsider! The food is always good; the salad bar outstanding. The waitstaff is one of the best in the area. They are attentive, helpful, friendly, etc.
I have never been to this place that it wasn't packed.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have entertained clients at this restaurant over the past 8 years, so when I decided to take my son out to dinner (who attends college nearby) - I thought of this restaurant as a break from the chains/franchises. My son was impressed by the menu selection, waitstaff, quality of food and preparation.