“Good food but overpriced”

The Barnsider Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 686 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albany, New York
“Good food but overpriced”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Went there for my sisters birthday. The prices seemed a bit high but the food was good. I had the stuffed shrimp. YUM - but again, overpriced. The staff was nice but we had so many waiters, we didn't know who was ours. It took us 10 min to get ketchup. I had I go to the kitchen & ask (only after I asked to waiters). I wouldn't recommend the place but my sister likes to go there for her birthday

Albany, NY
“Great seafood/steak”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Going at 7 on a Sat nt, we had a 1/2 wait but grabbed a beer at the bar where bartender was nice. We sat and our waiter was great. Salad bar is great, few have those anymore. Just the basics w fresh bread. Meals came at a good time ( not too long or too quick) and my salmon was great, husbands steak was great, in fact he says they make the best ones, no over- seasonings to cover lack of flavor, cooked as he asked. We both had the rice pilaf which was good, but I don't believe it's made from scratch. We always ask ourselves why we don't come here more often. We will be back!

1 Thank RoseL2
Portland, Oregon
“Great restaurant in Albany!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Never had a bad meal here. I have eaten here several times over the last couple of years when I travel to Albany for work and it is always good. The bar staff is great and always make sure that you are taken care of.

Visited October 2012
“Great Bar”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Barnsider has a nice atmosphere with a great salad bar. Their bar menu has some inexpensive items such as cajun chicken with veggies or rice. Complimentary popcorn and cheese and crackers in the bar area.

Visited March 2013
Albany, New York
“Eat in the buckeye grill...”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

A classic steakhouse....the price is as you would expect. The steaks are as you would expect. It has an old fashioned salad bar,
I like that. But here's what you need to know. I'd you eat in the buckeye grill. You will save 1/3 off the big room price. When you walk in turn right not left and save some money.

Liam & Colleen
New York

1 Thank fglawihio

Been to The Barnsider Restaurant? Share your experiences!