“Unsanitary Staff”

Ranked #45 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We went here for a drink at the bar after work. The bar was nice, but one of the bartenders was doing some unsavory things. As she waited for customers, she stood around with her fingers alternately on her lips, in her mouth (Yes, IN her mouth) and running through her long bangs in front of her face. We were enjoying the free finger foods until we saw that, and lost our appetites. She did have her long hair in a braid, but seeing the fingers and where they had been and then pouring drinks without washing, made us wonder if there is any training in terms of personal sanitation when serving drinks and food. We decided not to stay for dinner....

1  Thank BearUpstateNY

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Ughhh!! Without question, one of the worst & most over priced meals I have ever experienced!! I had not been there in over a decade, but always remembered it as one of those timeless places in our area, a classic steakhouse, something that we are generally not offered anymore, but sadly I have had better food from crappy chain restaurants & even fast food, sorry to say!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I went to the Barnsider for dinner last week. The food and service were excellent, and I would recommend this restaurant for any type of visit. The ambiance was not the most romantic, as the seating was divided into two big barn-like rooms (hence the name!), but the atmosphere was very festive. There was a good wine list, an excellent salad bar, and our tenderloin medallions were delicious. There were quite a few tables with what appeared to be office parties, and quite a few with larger family parties. Everyone around us appeared to be having an excellent time! The waiters were obviously experienced and worked together to provide seamless service, although they had a few very large parties.
We really enjoyed our night out!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wife and I ate here w/ 2 other couples. We used to really like this restaurant a number of years ago and had not been back in a while. We were looking for something other than Italian, which our area is just loaded with, so a good steak seemed the likely choice. Very disappointed. The tenderloin "medallions" turned out to be steak tips, done poorly and not real tender. The baked stuffed shrimp was very average, more stuffing than shrimp. The signature salad bar is tired w/ no new additions in the years since we were here last. Gotta' say the place was busy for a Monday, but the way they use 2-4 waiters to serve you is confusing too. One took drink order, another handled entrees, another had the "deliver the check" job. Just not well done and no relationship was able to be developed w/ our server. The fried ice cream WAS a hit w/ our friends, although I did not try it ( too sweet for me). Anyway, result and consensus of our party was that it was "only ok", and thus disappointing. By the way, the cost was NOT inexpensive, $65 per head w/ tip.( included a few beers and house wines)

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Started with the house wine, which was excellent. Ordered our dinners, mine was beef wellington. While we waited for dinner we enjoyed the salad bar. It covered the bread and butter and the basic salad bar items. Everything was well stocked and good. Our meals came out about 20 minutes later. My beef wellington was very good, nice and tender but had no mushrooms or vegetables. I felt like I was being shorted for $28. However the beef was very tender, My guest had salmon and steak. The salmon was said not to be enjoyable. but the steak was very good. Service was ok had a 3 server team and seamed to be confusing and always asking for things....water ect . This probably will be the first and last time I have a meal at the barnsider....it was just ok.