“Average”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“Average”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Sushi ok on previous visits. Tried hibachi 10/13. I had salmon and it was raw in middle, chef gone by time I discovered. Fried rice under cooked. Asked for chop sticks twice, finally got them. Chef was average, nothing special, seemed to be in a hurry to get to next table.
Atmosphere nice.
I nuked the salmon at home and dog ate it with his food. He enjoyed it :-)
My wife had steak and nothing notable.

Visited October 2013

Toronto, Canada
“It tastes as great as it looks”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Samurai has a great menu with lots of twists on traditional Japanese. I had a sesame encrusted tuna salad with asparagus and wasabi dressing, it was delicious. My son ordered the salmon lovers plate, that came with a glowing mound of shaved daikon (there was a glowing ice cube underneath the daikon). Service was friendly and food came out quickly. Would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
Slingerlands, New York
“It's not BK, you don't get what you ask for”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Did not receive what I had ordered. The waitress and I discussed the dish and on 3 occassions, she told me she knew what I meant.

Dish did not come as requested. Waitress knew as soon as she put food on table. Asked if we wanted her to change it (need this be asked? I ordered it correctly). I ended up pulling the food apart and eating what I could. Not at any time did the waitress try to correct the issue. I was starving when I left.

Was not busy. Will not be trying this one again. Especially since Albany has a number of new Asian restaurants to explore!

• Visited July 2013
ny
“Was better the first time - pad thai this time was very odd...”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Albany has a bunch of new Asian restaurants. This one is in an old Burger King, on Wolf Road, just south of Olive Garden and Red Lobster. We had eaten here a few months ago -- it was quite busy that night. This time, we went here late on a Saturday afternoon and there was only 1 other table in use. I ordered the chicken pad thai. What I got was nothing like pad thai. The menu said rice noodles, cooked egg and assorted vegetables in a sweet and tangy sauce. Well, the only vegetables I had were some onions and the entire meal was in a tomato base! I've never had pad thai that was red. Needless to say, the entree did not come with a salad or soup - some entrees do come with a choice of those items.

Why would they play country western music in an asian restuarant?

This visit was a disappointing one.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank seg56
rochester,ny
“teens loved it!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

their first time at a japanese steak house, you have your choice of seating, tenneyaki (hibachi) or regular table dining. we chose hibachi and it was wonderful! entertaining and delicious!

• Visited June 2013