“Delicious food - good value”
Review of Sweet Basil

Sweet Basil
Ranked #18 of 688 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food - good value”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

When we visit Albany we used to go the Blue Spice restaurant but although the food was good the service was terrible and when our family took us to this restaurant we thought it might be the same. What a pleasant surprise the waitress was very helpful and attentive and the food was delicious, will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Great flavor, but where is the spice?”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Enjoyed the freshness of the food. I had the wonton soup which was tasty, served boiling hot. The Pad See Eww was great flavor, and little sweet. I was somewhat thrown off by the fact the customary levels of spiciness was not listed or asked.

Overall I give it 4 out of 5.

• Visited June 2013
Albany, New York
“Best Thai we've had since the west coast!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We found this place by accident and were delighted with the food and service. The duck was perfect! A perfect place for dinner and a movie.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank sjc2013
Albany, New York
“Excellent food with friendly service”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've been to Sweet Basil twice, once with family and once with friends. The thing that absolutely shocked me (in a good way!) was that they remembered me on my second visit, despite the fact that I was with a completely different group than on my first visit. That is typical of the type of service you receive at Sweet Basal -- extremely friendly and personable, not to mention knowledgable about, and proud of, the food they serve. Speaking of which, the food is awesome. I've tried a variety of items, from crab rangoon and mussels off the appetizer menu to various kinds of pad thai (among other things) and everything has been wonderfully prepared and full of flavor. Some of the best Thai food in Albany (if not THE best) and the service is truly something special. Highly recommend.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Amanda W
Albany, NY
“Fresh, delicious, authentic Thai”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've been to Sweet Basil twice now for dinner. Both meals were extraordinary! They accept reservations, which can be helpful since there are so few tables inside. It is a small, intimate restaurant. Their "sweet basil fresh rolls" are a wonderful appetizer to split with your dining partner. Off their "specialty of the house" menu, I've had "Yellow Twin" (duck and shrimp in pineapple curry sauce with tomato, basil, and pumpkin) for $22. It was wonderful! I've also had "Rama Long Song" (crispy chicken over lettuce bed topped with peanut sauce) for $18. Also delicious. Both these entrees came with "green garden" salads (try the ginger dressing, yum). They also are served with jasmine steamed rice. Because during one visit my husband's meal was brought out significantly later than my meal, they gave us a free dessert. We thought that was really nice. They do not have (yet?) a liquor license. Service is not fast (which isn't necessarily a bad thing sometimes), but when we told them we were going to catch a movie afterwards, things sped up and we finished on time. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013