“'NEW' Pakistani/Indian Rest. on Delaware”
Review of Darbar - CLOSED

Darbar
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed December 6, 2012

While looking for a quick bite before seeing a movie at The Spectrum in Albany my wife and I tried a couple of restaurants near the movie house without success. Then we happened on the DarbaR restaurant at 250 Delaware Ave, just a block east of the Spectrum and across from Magnolia Terr. This restaurant opened on December 2, 2012 so everything inside is really ‘new.’ We were definitely their first customer this evening. My wife had the chicken Vindaloo with an order of Naan and I ordered the Shrimp Palak (shrimp cooked in spinach) with a side order of Jalapeno cheese Naan. Both meals were exceptional – her chickens’ spiciness was just right. My shrimp was a little overcooked, but I figure the chef is using new equipment and still getting the kinks worked out. Both Naan (bread) orders were excellent and we were both satisfied and tummy’s full for sitting in the movie theater. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant and eating our fill before others discover it and we’ll then have to find someplace new.
Restaurant phone - 518-813-4772