1,380 results
All reviews the executive lounge capitol building amtrak station hotel shuttle shuttle service times union center front desk staff new york business trip valet parking bed was very comfortable conference lobby capital state starbucks concert
Reviewed November 24, 2017

people were marching in front of the hotel because of some labor issues. The temperature in the room never warms up to "chilly" no matter how long and how high you blast the heat. The sink doesn't work. I would definitely prefer to patronize a hotel that is not involved with labor problems.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

I was very concerned about staying here after reading online reviews and information about the protests. I had a contentious conversation with about five different people working there while trying to cancel my reservation. After a manager told me the period to cancel passed and they would charge me for the night (my one and only night), I said that I'd obviously keep the reservation since they were essentially giving me a ridiculous ultimatum. I made it very clear that I wanted a high floor away from the protesters. Of course they claimed nothing could be guaranteed (which was garbage). Upon arrival around 5pm, the area was clear and it was extremely cold. My husband and I were given a room on the top floor (yayyy). Now there were several indications of neglect such as a lack of towels, cups, and phones going unanswered. Other than that, we had a quiet night after attending A Perfect Circle in concert at the Times Union Center. The place definitely needs updating but the room was comfortable. The pool area is nice but it's not heated. Don't think I'd stay again as I've had much better Hilton experiences.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2017

We booked this hotel for a wedding months before we arrived. There is a labor dispute between the employees and new owner. At 8 am sharp the employees on the outside begin yelling for you to "Wake up!" And you do!! They are doing everything on the outside of the building to make your stay unenjoyable! Honestly, if i had known about this situation, I would have booked elsewhere.
Also, this is an old hotel. I found the room to be small and the bathroom tiny.
The room was cold too. Maybe the employees on the inside helped with that!
But I do not blame them. What else can they do when everything they have worked for in the past 20 years is going to be taken away! Shame on the union busters!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy L
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Okay, the picketers were not top notch, but they were effective in making me regret that I stayed. I then turned a more critical eye to the room and the experience and overall can tell you that this was not a great stay.

You may or may not have a picket line when you arrive (I did on 11/7/17), who shout at you personally, which is their right to do from the sidewalk.

Even if you don't, the room will still be the same, dinged and worn. Maybe the building HVAC will have been when you stay. My room was a stuffy 76 and only could be cooled by turning off the wall unit and letting the poor insulation do its work - staff recommendation. I'm glad it was cool outside!

Maybe you will have toiletries that are not half-used and maybe housekeeping will replenish them and give you fresh towels the next day. I left a good tip and had neither.

If you do stay despite the issues I experienced, I expect you will find your bed to be comfy and tv/internet in good working order. After you get a room key, I recommend using the Pearl Street atrium entry.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed November 10, 2017

It was a loud hotel due to their employees on strike which was irritating as we were there for my brothers wedding. One employee had bugs on him. My room had items from previous people who stayed which means it wasn’t cleaned correctly. Our shower wouldn’t drain and everything was stupidly overpriced. Definitely the OPPOSITE of a classy hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family