“Nice and clean”

Hilton Albany
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Albany
“Nice and clean”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff and clean. Great location easy parking for downtown. Breakfast was good. We were suppose to have an executive suite but it was just a normal room. My only complaint was the pool was cold and spa was out of order and that was one of the reasons we stayed there with the kids was to swim.

Stayed April 2014
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Nikki B, Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and pleasant , as well as the cleanliness of our hotel. I did speak to our Chief Engineer about the Pool Temperature and he is looking into this. I was also disappointed to read that you did not receive the suite you had reserved.

Please email me directly regarding the dates of your stay as I would like to look into this further. My direct email is John.D'Adamo@hilton.com.

Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to give you a Five Star experience for your next visit.

John D'Adamo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was by far the worst I have ever stayed in. The staff could care less about anything and it was very insulting to be told that if it's too hot in the room to just open the window- the thermostats on the wall are just for decoration. Bathroom was disgusting as well. Never again will I stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Ryan G,

I just read your recent review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Obviously we failed to meet your expectations. Our Heating and AC System operate with either Heat, or Air Conditioning, depending the time of year. It was unfortunate for to have received such a response. I am sorry for the remark made about opening a window. We should have sent an Engineer to assist you and check your thermostat.

I would like to speak to you further if you so choose. My direct email is below. When we speak I would like to see if we can gain your confidence and business again.

john.d'adamo@hilton.com
Albany, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Upon arrival checked into room to find it has been occupied. Bleh! Had to return to desk who had person sort of matter of fact and offered a drink as compensation. Expect that from some other chains not Hilton.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kenneth J,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was disappointed to see that you were checked in to a Vacant room which had yet been cleaned. I do apologize for this mistake and would like to speak to you more about this incident.

Feel free to email me directly john.d'adamo@hilton.com

Kingston, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2014

A few months ago I stayed overnight at the Hilton Albany with a large trade organization. Booking my stay was so easy thanks to their Sales Manager, Brian. He was very accomodating and prompt in getting back to me with answers to my questions. Upon arrival the front desk staff who checked me in was very pleasant and the overall decor was fresh and new. My room was clean and looked recently renovated. At our conference, attendees were provided with notepads from the HIlton, pens, mints and ice water! It was a nice convenience as my pen ran out of ink. The next morning check out was a breeze. I would recommend that others choose to stay at the Hilton Albany. While doing my accounting from this trip, I realized that I am missing my receipt... Not a problem thanks to the best Sales Manager, Brian, who simply emailed me an additional copy! Top to bottom a great experience!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Melissa P,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I am glad that your meeting went well and that Brian Murphy assisted you during your conference. Brian truly cares for his guests and will go out of his way to insure a successful event.

Thank you for your business.

Warm regards,

Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Check-in was very nice - beautiful lobby and the front desk person was friendly and even upgraded me to a suite (at 11:30 PM). However, the suite itself was not very comfortable for several reasons. Mainly, it was that I had the worst noise problem I have ever experienced in a hotel. Early in the morning I was startled awake by a loud buzzing noise, which sounded like someone was drilling right outside my door. It happened again maybe 6 times in the course of the next few hours, waking me up each time. I realized after getting up that it was coming from a vent in the room. Totally unacceptable in a sleeping room. Another problem was that there were several snafus with room service, one of which had them calling me, again waking me up, asking if they could bring my tray earlier in the morning than scheduled, me saying OK since I was up anyway at that point, and then them not even bringing it until later than originally scheduled. They were very apologetic so they get credit for that. The food was quite good though, and also very good in the restaurant downstairs. Bathroom was not exactly sparkling clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Icecat77,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad that your check in experience was positive and an upgrade was available. I am very sorry to hear that there was an inconsistent noise coming from your vent. I would like to know more, including the date and suite number which you stayed in. This will be helpful so that I can look into the source and correct the noise. My email address will be at the bottom of this note.

Lastly, I appreciate the positive comments about our Food quality, but do apologize for the phone call mix up in Room Service. I will address this with our Director of Food and Beverage.

Regards

john.d'adamo@hilton.com
Salamanca, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed at Hilton in Albany many times and it has always been a pleasant experience. Staff is really helpful and courteous. Food is great! And the location is good to walk to several downtown restaurants. Plus there is a Starbucks and a Rite Aid in close proximity. Overall a great experience!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Michele L.

Thank you for you recent review of the Hilton Albany. Our downtown location puts our guests walking distance from a multitude of both Dining and Entertainment venues in Downtown Albany. Additionally we are only two Blocks away from the State Capitol and Three Blocks away from the Empire State Plaza.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Regards

Syracuse, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel was clean and what I would expect from a Hilton, but the poor service does not make me want to recommend this hotel to anyone. I was met with poor service when I checked in, and had no towels in my room to take a shower. When i tried calling someone to deliver towels I could not reach anyone by phone and had to barrow a towel from a neighboring room. Not the way you want to start your day. I have stayed at Hilton's before and was very happy with my stay, this stay I was very displeased.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Amy S,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was very disappointed to read how we failed to provide a consistent level of service to you upon arrival to the hotel. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss this further john.d'adamo@hilton.com

Thank you again and I hope to hear from you so that we can resolve this for you for future stays.