“Great time on new year's eve”
Review of Hilton Albany

Hilton Albany
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Hilton is a beautiful hotel, all the amenities i needed, including a safe and mini-fridge, and the shuttle picked me from the airport when i arrived AND took me to the train station when i checked out. Staff was perfectly helpful and the rooms were nicer than i needed. I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Alex B,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.com.

It was great to read and see all of the 5 star ratings you gave our staff and hotel.
Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and exceed your expectations.

John D'Adamo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed for one night. Room was clean, good sized. Price was reasonable for a better three-star. Everything you need is in the room. The parking was a charge, which is a downer for a town the size of Albany but overall, we'd stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RonL40,

Thank you for your kind words on Tripadvisor.com. I was happy to read how you felt our hotel met your every need.

Looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here at the Hilton Albany clean rooms friendly people. Tommy in room service is great.Fitness room has been redone since the last time I was at the hotel. Open bar area is new too. Was easy check in & out.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Memeber of Trip Advisor,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany. Looks like you really had Fun !!! I was happy to read how Tom in Room Service exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Staying overnight. Hotel is in in nice central location.

Spacious+ comfy room. Everything you will need, from toiletries to coffee machine.

Free Wi-Fi for guests.

Had drinks at bar earlier+ Emanuel was perfect host.

Used the pool, which was very cold, however hot tub was good.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Scotsmum2,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on Tripadvisor.com I was happy to read how our staff and facilities exceeded your expectations in many areas.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Two day meeting - staff was excellent! A special thank to Phil, the Banquet Manager and his team, who accomodated the many changes smoothly quickly and with a smile. Easy walking around downtown and the capitol building location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear jeparks2013,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.com. I was pleased to read how Phil and his team in Banquest exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We called engineering because we were burning up in our room. He said the only way we could get the temperature below 85 degrees was to open the window. It took 3 days and hearing the street noise to get the temperature to 75 degrees. We went from 80s in the room to 20 degrees outside --- not healthy. The sound proofing between rooms is non-existent. I could hear the maid placing the toiletries on in the bathroom next door in my room with the door closed. On our last night, people were partying across the hall. I asked them to be quiet and they were for 30 minutes and got noisy again. My husband called security and again the quiet only lasted a short time. When I told the front desk the next day why we were checking out early, they did not express concern at all. In general, the staff were nice, but what can you do with a hot, noisy room?

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel are your best bet.
1  Thank SANDY M

Dear Sandy M,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.com Unfortunately we operate a system which provides heat in the colder months and Air Conditioning in the warmer months. I do apologize for the noise next to your room. I was disappointed to read that upon check out we did not sufficiently assist in the service recovery for you during your stay. I do know that we are assisting you through Hilton Guest Assistance.

If I may be of further assistance please reach out to me directly via email; john.d'adamo@hilton.com

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I just stayed at the Hilton Albany and thanks to the amazing staff I had a great stay. My friend and I had requested something from room service and they had taken a long time to come up so we called down to the front desk and the man there (whose name I have unfortunately forgotten but begins with an M and was working at 11:00pm on 12/16/13) was incredibly pleasant and came up personally to give us what we needed as well as vouchers for breakfast the following morning. At breakfast I was taken care of by Patty, Terry, Mary, Antonio and Bobby and they catered to my every need as well as some great conversation. They were so attentive and pleasant they really made the breakfast 10 times better. I have never stayed at a hotel that offers a shuttle/taxi service that takes you wherever you need to go and I am glad they did and I am even more glad that Claude was the driver. He was incredibly nice and I really enjoyed talking to him throughout the ride. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel, and taking the time to get to know their staff because it is worth it. If it wasn't for the incredible staff my stay at this hotel would have been very different and I hope this review is a small token of my appreciation.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper levels facing the library have a really nice view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Alanna A,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.com. I was very pleased to read that we had exceeded your expectations in every area ! I was also happy to see the response you received from michael, our Night Manager. It looks like you encountered our entire crew for breakfast the next morning. Our staff in Charter are very friendly and this was evident by your experience and compliments. Last but not to be least is your great experience with Claude, our Bellman/Driver. Claude is a role model for all when it comes to service and hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Albany.