“Great stay”
Review of Hilton Albany

Hilton Albany
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Room was very quiet, neat and clean. Staff was professional and friendly. Very busy at the hotel when we arrived, however staff was very attentive. Great parking adjacent to the hotel, easy to find. Perfect place to stay if attending an event at The Egg, very close walking distance to The Egg, with great directions from the front desk staff. Would definitely stay again if another show at The Egg is of interest.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear FamilyTripper_7_12,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I am so happy that our service team exceeded your expectations in every area during your recent stay. I love the intimate setting of watching a concert at the Egg as well. An Intimate setting with amazing acoustics !!

We look forward to your next visit to Albany.

Warm regards,

John D'Adamo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

In town for an event at the "egg" (convention center). The Hilton's location was great. The lobby was comfortable and inviting. The staff was professional and caring. Elaine at the bar, Robert at the Starbucks stand and Mike the Shuttle driver were all terrific! The free shuttle from the airport and to the train station was a great amenity. I had breakfast in the dining room and it was very good. This is a very well run hotel, which is a credit to the General Manager and his staff. I would encourage anyone staying in Albany to give this Hilton a try!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear OSUDaddy,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was pleased to read about so many positive and exceptional encounters you had with many of our Hilton Team members. I am glad you enjoyed yourself in Sessions, our Lounge and had the chance to have Elaine serve you. She has been with the hotel for over 30 years and she truly represents the spirit of hospitality. Robert B at our Starbucks counter is a gentlemen and a true professional, as well as Mike, as he transports our guests safely in our shuttles each and every day.

I am very proud to lead a team of professional associates like the ones you've mentioned. Our team thanks you for all of your kind words and excellent ratings !!!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel was nice looking, clean and comfortable. There was a problem with the shower diverter buttor popping out but I was still able to shower. I was so tired when I returned to the hotel I ordered a simple meal from Room Service. Aside from being expensive it was tasty and comforting. When I arrived at the hotel it was hours before the official checkin time but they very generously allowed me into my room which was much appreciated both then and when my day was over.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was very happy to read that our level of service and quality of food exceeded your expectations. We do hope that when your travel plans include Albany, New York you will make the Hilton Albany your first choice.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed there for seven nights for business in August. Checked in on a Sunday. I immediately called front desk to let them know they desk phone was not working. Maintenance came to the room and could not resolve the problem but stated the phone issue would be resolved the next day. I called front desk again on Wednesday to let them know phone was still not working. I was assured somebody would fix it. Till I checked out following Sunday the phone was still not working. I don't think anybody even tried or remembered. Very disappointed.
Only reason I gave four star overall was the two front desk staff, namely Shirin and the Front Desk Manager. I believe his name was Michael. He was very professional and understands what hospitality means. He went above and beyond on his service. Another young lady at the front desk had a terrible attitude. Rude and would not even look at you when talking to you. Good location if you are there for business but not much to do at night. Limited restaurant options near by if you are staying for seven nights.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the Capital Building. Spectacular views at different times of the day.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear 786travel,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I appreciate your compliments to both of our Front Desk Agents Shirin and Michael. Michael, I will have you know has since been promoted to our Night Audit Manager position. I do apologize for what happened with your telephone in your guest room for the week. I would like to know more and in particular your room number so that I may follow up to see if it has ever been repaired. My email is john.d'adamo@hilton.com

I do hope that we have the opportunity to host you once again the next time your travel plans take you to Albany.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Meets the expectations of a HIlton property. Fairly modern furnishings, clean and comfortable. Beds were great and room was a good size. Rooms have a fridge for added convenience. Great location near restaurants and transportation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LostSojourner

Dear LostSojourner,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was happy to read that we exceeded your expectations in both our cleanliness and your sleeping experience. Additionally I was pleased to see that you totally enjoyed your Hilton Experience.

We look forward to servicing you upon your next visit to Albany.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hilton Albany is centrally located. Close to restaurants, capitol, pedestrian bridge to Hudson River, and the visitor's information center.
The room we occupied is spacious and clean. Bathroom is very clean and toiletries adequate.. We find the food offered at their restaurant very appealing; salads are big portions.

One negative: it appears that there is a leaky flash that makes noise in the bathroom.

I had stayed in different Hilton hotels; Hilton Albany is one I highly recommend for those visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mayreyestan

Dear Mayreyestan,

Thank you for your recent review about the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was pleased to read that we had exceeded your expectations at the five star level in every area !! I was also happy to read that you appreciated the downtown proximity to the amenities of our city.

We're looking forward to servicing you again for your next visit.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on 3 previous occasions (the most recent - prior to this stay - was under Hilton ownership). The hotel has undergone a significant renovation. It takes more than just a facelift to upgrade a hotel. The behavior of the front desk staff member I encountered at check-in tainted my entire stay. I want to enjoy a welcoming environment - both esthetically and attitudinally. Not the case here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear MJM2Go,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.com. Needless to say I was sorry to read that the service you had received from the Front Desk at our hotel was less than professional. The goal for all of our team members at the Hilton Albany is to strive to exceed our guests expectations. It is obvious here that we did not meet your expectations and this I apologize.

We do hope that you will give us another chance to show you that our culture is Hospitality and providing excellent service.