“Hilton at Albany”
Review of Hilton Albany

Hilton Albany
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed October 10, 2013

many times I have stayed at the Hilton, and this is the first time I was not happy with the cleanliness of my room. mainly the Bathroom. I usually drive several hours to get to Albany and the first thing I look for is a clean bathroom... I was very disappointed, the rest of the hotel in general was very clean. On the other hand people at the hotel are very friendly and nice, food was good and check in and out was easy and fast..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mariacristina B
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Mariacristina B,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com I was pleased to read that for the most part you had a very positive stay. I can appreciate your disappointment when you had concerns regarding the bathroom. I do apologize for this. We strive to acheive a Five Star rating in All areas which our guests experience. I do hope that upon your return you will see that our team will strive to exceed your expectations.

Thank you again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

First let me say that the noise level had to do with this hotel being a crew hotel. Doors banging at 4:00 am, crew shouting down hallways.

Aside from that, this property is great. The suite I got upgraded to was awesome, two stories with a spiral stair case.

As a runner this place was great to, .5 miles to a trail that run the Hudson River, head "east" on pine street, cross over the freeway on the pedestrian bridge and hang a left on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Trail and you can run for miles and miles.

For dinner, skip the hotel and head right out of the hotel on to lodge street. Continue west for 1.5 blocks, on your left is the City Beer Hall. Great local restaurant, free pizza and a huge beer list to choose from.

If your are looking to be centrally located in Albany, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors rooms are the two top floors and are not quiet since Crew are put their, opt to stay o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DZalumni

Dear DZalumni,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our suites. Our location downtown is ideal for dining out , or for a run along side the Hudson River. Apologies for the noise of early departures on your floor.

Hope the run was as good as the rest of your experience you had in our hotel !! We look forward to servicing you again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Hilton was a dream. Service and accommodations were excellent. My only complaint is that the price of the room--in Albany, NY, was pretty high, and I was glad to have obtained a group discount with the meeting I was attending.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Catherine S,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was pleased to read that our level of service and facilities exceeded your expectations during your stay. I was also happy to hear that you were able to reduce your rate through your group hosting their meeting in our hotel.

Once again , thank you and we hope to host your group again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Hilton is a great place for whatever needs The accommodation are wonderful to your needs rooms are very roomy and open. The kids love the pool area , they feel very safe and free there. The restaurant was very high in quality foods. You could get just about anything you wanted to eat. Room services was superior . Customer Service was professional in all aspect .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hilton Albany. I am so glad that our services, hotel and amenities exceeded your expectations in every area.

Thank you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Outstanding check-in with Shirin and stay. She made an excellent offer for our 3 days breakfast.
We were enjoy spending our time at the hotel bar,lobby tetc. The highlight was the drive with the hotel shuttle to the station (4min.). We come again.
Balu

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rheinhold2013,

Thank you for your recent review and comments on Trip Advisor.com. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our high level of service and professional staff, especially Shirin at our Front Desk. I am also pleased to read that you had positive experiences with both our lounge Sessions and our Shuttle Service.

It was our pleasure to serve you during your visit to Albany, New York

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Big changes as the Crown Plaza transforms into the Hilton Albany with a 14 million dollar renovation! What was a nice scene to start with, the Hilton has spruced up the guest rooms and made comfy, pure luxury. A little disorienting downstairs as the Lobby has literally been flipped around; where there was check-in is now the bar, where there was a pub is now check-in. Breakfast was nice but pricey, but so are the nice restaurants in the capitol city. Parking in the hotel lot is no longer free, but the car is safe. And for those of us visiting Albany for the remarkable entertainment at The Egg, the pleasure is in being able to walk leisurely to the venue and back in a well-lit city with hardly a car out in the evening. We stayed here when it was the Crown Plaza, and we're back to stay at the Hilton. Why stay elsewhere?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MacD-NC
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear MacDVermont,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. As a former Crowne Plaza regular I would like to say welcome back ! I agree with your other reviews of both Jacks Oyster House and the Egg for a show as well.

Lastly, I was pleased to read that we had exceeded your expectations in every way. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

i was here for a conference this past weekend. The Hilton Albany is OK but I would not be returning here. First, the good news. The hotel is lovely, the lobby and bar very attractive. My room on the fourth floor was quiet and the housekeeping service excellent. A free shuttle to and from the airport, train station and around town was great. In general, the staff was fine but overworked. But, this hotel doesn't seem to know that when a conference is in town and you are at 90% occupancy you need the staff to help,. When I checked in, I wasnt told anything about how to get on the wifi, when checkout was or anything. The restaurant was all right -- Caesar salad was fine as was breakfast. But one night it took 30 minutes to get my iced tea and another ANOTHER 45 minutes to get a simple Caesar salad. The restaurant manager said flat out that they could serve 200 people in the restaurant but were really only set up for 40 at most. Each night there seemed to be 2 waitresses at best and they were working hard. Many customers just got up and left. The bar was packed but only 1 bartender.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Olinec

Dear Olinec,

Thank you for your recent review and comments on TripAdvisor.com. I see that you did enjoy your accomodations with us. I was also pleased to read that you were happy with our location for your needs and that you slept well while here for your conference. I do apologize for the waits you had experienced for your meals in our restaurant. We were busier than normal over that weekend, but this still doesn't excuse the fact that we need to ensure timely and proper service.

Constructive comments like yours will only make us aware of what we need to do to improve our levels of service. We hope that we have the chance again to serving you if you travel back to Albany from Florida