“Great Stay at Hilton Albany”
Review of Hilton Albany

Hilton Albany
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had a fantastic experience. The staff, including housekeeping and restaurant servers, but especially the front desk staff offered exemplary service. Noise does travel in this hotel, so I requested to be moved away from a rowdy room, but I was immediately offered a free upgrade to the executive floor. Both rooms I saw were nicely renovated, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. I requested a late check-out and was granted a 2 PM check-out with no hassle, and was even given a voucher for the breakfast buffet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to read how you had experienced wonderful service in our Charter Restaurant, as well as from our Housekeepers. I was particularly pleased with the service you received from our Front Desk. So many hotels undergo renovations, but having a service oriented , professional staff makes a guest experience the best !!!

Thank you agin for your comments and we look forward to having you again when you travel to Albany.

J.E. D'Adamo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was recently in Albany on business and was fortunate enough to secure a room at the Albany Hilton. I had read that renovations were still underway and sure enough when the cab from the train pulled in I saw crews taking plastic wrap off of newly arrived lobby furniture. The check in was fast and courteous. The room had been freshly redecorated. The furnishings were clean, comfortable and modern. The wifi was faultless. The gym was well equipped but rather busy in the morning. The executive lounge was very good. The staff were welcoming and hospitable. The evening hors d'ouvres were great and so was the morning breakfast fare. The view I had was really neat - the NY State Legislature. It was a short two block walk to our meeting site (down by the Hudson). I would caution folks that the street leading to the river was a wee bit odd at night. There is a shuttle available to take you to restaurants at night and to get you to the train station or airport. All in all there is nothing to fault the folks here about. I have stayed in Hilton hotels around the world and the Albany Hilton stands amongst the best.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank JamesII
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent response.

I appreciate your observation of our ongoing renovation which is nearly complete. We also appreciate that when you visit Albany you regularly choose us as your location. On behalf of the entire Hilton team of associates I would like to thank you for your loyalty.

J. D'Adamo

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to Albany on a whim to see a comedy show and spend the night. We love the location of this hotel. It is downtown and many things to do are within walking distance. The hotel is going through a major renovation and our room was very clean and new. We were treated very nicely by the hotel staff and we would like to thank Michael in management for setting up our room for us on such short notice. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel1_13

Thank you for your recent response and positive comments about our hotel and staff. On behalf of our entire Hilton team of associates I want to thank you for staying with us and recognizing the efforts of Michael and his team.

John D'Adamo

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is in tranisition The name change happened just as I was staying there last month. I had to go to a NYS Tobacco Control Training and they had the training right at Hotel Albany Hilton. We got a good rate and I was there 3/13/-3/14/2013. The only other Hilton Hotels I have stayed at is the Troy , NY location and Toronto locations. I was a rewards member so I was able to book online without a problem.

The Hotel is located at 40 Lodge St Albany, NY 12207. It kind of sneaks up on you because the area downtown is a little cramped and the streets decline towards the Hudson. When you pull in the Parking is located to the very right just past the entrance. Like I said take your time because it kind of sneaks up on you. I grabbed my luggage and checked in the front desk. The staff was helpful and I was place in room 1522. I couldn’t really comment on the look of the lobby as there was plastic and drop cloths laid down as the Hotel is in transition and parts are being updated. That’s always a good thing. I could not comment on parking prices as it was included with our group rate. We could however come and go as we please. I had dinner in Cohoes, NY so the attendant did not give me a hard time as long as I had my parking ticket.

Once I got off the elevator my room was down the hall to the right and next to a maintenance room. I was a little worried but I could really hear no noise. Upon entering the room I noticed that the décor was updated and looked very similar to the room in Toronto, ON Canada. It had two full beds with white bed spreads with plenty of pillows. It had kind of a bar type area next to the bathroom. The shower area was very clean with plenty of towels. It had the natural amenities a hotel of this class has, extra shampoo, lotion, etc. A flat screen 32 inch TV was a nice addition along with a table and chair. Access to light switches were place conveniently also. I opened the curtains and there was a very cool view of downtown Albany. You could see the Hudson river from the right and left of me. The bed was very comfortable and this was probably some of the best sleep I have had at a hotel.

Upon waking up I found my receipt under the door and I packed up and went to go to breakfast. It was $15.95 for the buffet. The food was good and I went back a couple of times. I cashed out and decided that since I had some time before our training I would go and check out the other parts of the hotel. In the back there was a winding staircase down to the pool area. It did not look like any life guard staff was present. You can enter out into downtown Albany from the ground level in the pool area but be careful as the doors lock behind you and you can’t get back in.

This was very nice stay and I would definitely go back. Hopefully NYS will have future trainings there.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of downtown Albany and the Hudson River!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EmpireState39
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Albany. As our renovation wraps up I just wanted to say that on behalf of our entire Hilton Albany team we are proud to have serviced you and exceed your expectations.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Warm regards,

J. D'Adamo

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is not bad. Center of the city of Albany, room was clean. I loved the fact that they had a shuttle bus that took us (24 in all) to our bowling tournament and to dinner afterwards. The driver was very pleasant and had a great sense of humor. Even took our bowling balls back to the hotel for us when we went to dinner!!!
Downside: The showers are very small. I felt like a giant! The coffee maker did not work and the room tended to keep on the warm side. The breakfast buffet was horrible. Cold food, when you could find it... and $15.95!!! We did come across the NICEST waitress (Kayla) who served us hot coffee and got us whatever we needed, when the others ignored us. When we asked her for the check, she said "it's taken care of". She said that she saw the buffet and couldn't possibly charge us! Now that's class.
I would return to the hotel again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Eat at an outside restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Jon S, Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Our Staff is our greatest asset. I was pleased to see the services you received while visiting from the various departments. We encourage our guests to let us know when their experience may not have been up to par to the desired expectation. Our staff is empowered to make it right! Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Twice in one week! I stayed at a renovated hotel in NYC, now this. I read trip advisor reviews....which were iffy, so I decided to walk into the hotel and ask someone to give me the scoop. That's when Dominique at the desk really sold me on the renovation and offered me a hi floor with a view and free breakfast if I stayed here, instead of another nearby property. The hotel is under renovation, but they offer full service. What a knockout. Great views and large rooms. I stayed in 1308. I crave room service and amenities, so if you are in Albany, this is the place. I was in town for leisure. I wanted to see the Capitol in person. Well, it was right outside my window. Also, the hotel is conveniently located to restaurants and bars. If you are in town drive over to The Ginger Man and have their lobster Mac. To die for. Also...the Hilton has awesome Thomas Roth amenities. Score! Stay now through August for double honors points.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank liljune

Thank you for your response. You described our location perfectly. The $14million renovation is nearing completion and we are excited too with the amenities we are able to now offer our valued guests. The Double Point offer you mentioned is in celebration of the hotel now being a Hilton and will be available to HHonor guests visiting the hotel through August 8, 2013. If you are not an HHonors guest we strongly encourage your participation to receive the maximum benefit with your stay.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

As frequent travelers of a family of four we like to use Hotwire to get the best rates possible and have never been dissapointed. Boy were we disappointed when we where placed at the Hilton Albany. Upon check in Dominique was the rudest customer service representative I have come across. A mix up between Hotwire and Hilton Albany must have occured and unfortuantly my family was caught in the cross-fire. The Hilton told us directly they would upgrade us to a one bedroom suite upon arrival. Once we arrived at 9pm exhausted from traveling all day Dominique informed us that we where in a two double bed room, obviously not able to accomidate two adults and two teenagers. We explaned our delema to Dominique and she replied with "Its a Hotwire issue since you chose to book through them and not us, I cant do anything for you take it up with them". She contiuened to argue with me showing completly lack of customer service. Maneger Craig refused to give us suitable accomodations for four people, instead he told us we could have a matress to place on the floor...not a cot, a matress. We did not recieve the matress, we got a comfortor and pillow??? No bathroom on lobby level, was told I had to take three flights of stairs to get to a ladies room. Room was boiling in temperature,we called customer service to see if there was air conditioning or a fan, we where told to open a window and turn the heat off on our 12th floor room with no screens. I will NEVER return to another Hilton as long as I live, Hilton can keep their "honors points".

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family