“Not your father's Crown Plaza”
Review of Hilton Albany

Hilton Albany
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This location was the Crown Plaza since probably the 1990s, but Hilton took it over in 2012 and it's a really nice location with a great staff and nice rooms. I haven't tried the restaurant or bar yet, but am anticipating it will be quite good.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Capitol building to have something nice to look at out your window.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Saratoga 55,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We are very proud to have become a Hilton once again. I am also proud to say that both our Restaurant , Charter, and our lounge , Sessions are now fully open seven days a week !!

Please stop by and try one of our Executive Chefs award winning appetizers...

Regrards,

J. E.D'Adamo

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff is outstanding and helpful. The food is very good. BUT, the bed is the best part. You may have an issue in the bathroom. The shower head is positioned for someone under 5'7". The heating and cooling is apparently still being modernized, you will have to know metrics to read the temp.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Robin Robert ,

Thank you for your recent lovely comments about our staff and our hotel, the Hilton Albany. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyesd your dining experience in our hotel as well. We are making many "modernizations" to our Heat and Air Conditioning experience and expect to have replced up to 120 digital thermostats within the next 90 days.

Thank you again for your review.

J. E. D'Adamo

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautifully renovated. Staff awesome. The Front Desk guys who drove the Shuttle were v courteous and prompt!
We look forward to coming back when the restaurant/pub is back open!
Maids ve helpful with extra towels!

My boyfriend and I meet here 2x 3 times a year! We always get a room with a view of the State House. Awesome views at night!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jswifty

Dear jswifty,

Thank you for your very nice comments about our staff during your recent stay with us this month at the Hilton Albany. I am very pleased to hear that our professional staff of van drivers were their ever pleasant selves and that you received extra towels immediately on request from our housekeepers.

Lastly , I am pleased to report that both our Restaurant , Charter and our Lounge , Sessions are fully opened seven days a week. Make it a point to let me know when you are arriving back at our hotel and I'll meet you in the lounge with an appetizer !!

Cheers !!

J. E. D'Adamo

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed for two nights for our UUP conference. All service was good, comfy bed, and all was clean. All staff were friendly and helpful. My only concern is that a woman fell outside the hotel in the front walkway returning on Saturday morning from a walk. Luckily there were four of us out there to help her as it took 5 minutes or more for anyone from the hotel to respond. Two stayed with her sprawled on the brick walkway while one went in to call 911 and I went to the restaurant for ice for what appeared to be a broken wrist. Even after the medics arrived, no one came out until one of us went in to ask about an incident report. If I had been me out there lying on the walkway injured, I would hope staff would respond immediately to assist. I was disappointed with their lack of response and caring about one of their guests.

Dear Lisa Y,

Thank you for your response and positive comments about our staff and the service which you received during your recent stay for the UUP conference at our hotel. I also want to thank you to point out the slower than usual response time that it took for our security staff to respond to the fall which took place in our front circle. I have reviewed the accident with both our Director of Security and our Director of Front Office and they have put into place a more aggressive emergency response program. This will ensure a punctual response to urgent matters in the future.

Thank you again.

J.E. D'Adamo

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had a fantastic experience. The staff, including housekeeping and restaurant servers, but especially the front desk staff offered exemplary service. Noise does travel in this hotel, so I requested to be moved away from a rowdy room, but I was immediately offered a free upgrade to the executive floor. Both rooms I saw were nicely renovated, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. I requested a late check-out and was granted a 2 PM check-out with no hassle, and was even given a voucher for the breakfast buffet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to read how you had experienced wonderful service in our Charter Restaurant, as well as from our Housekeepers. I was particularly pleased with the service you received from our Front Desk. So many hotels undergo renovations, but having a service oriented , professional staff makes a guest experience the best !!!

Thank you agin for your comments and we look forward to having you again when you travel to Albany.

J.E. D'Adamo

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was recently in Albany on business and was fortunate enough to secure a room at the Albany Hilton. I had read that renovations were still underway and sure enough when the cab from the train pulled in I saw crews taking plastic wrap off of newly arrived lobby furniture. The check in was fast and courteous. The room had been freshly redecorated. The furnishings were clean, comfortable and modern. The wifi was faultless. The gym was well equipped but rather busy in the morning. The executive lounge was very good. The staff were welcoming and hospitable. The evening hors d'ouvres were great and so was the morning breakfast fare. The view I had was really neat - the NY State Legislature. It was a short two block walk to our meeting site (down by the Hudson). I would caution folks that the street leading to the river was a wee bit odd at night. There is a shuttle available to take you to restaurants at night and to get you to the train station or airport. All in all there is nothing to fault the folks here about. I have stayed in Hilton hotels around the world and the Albany Hilton stands amongst the best.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank JamesII
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent response.

I appreciate your observation of our ongoing renovation which is nearly complete. We also appreciate that when you visit Albany you regularly choose us as your location. On behalf of the entire Hilton team of associates I would like to thank you for your loyalty.

J. D'Adamo

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to Albany on a whim to see a comedy show and spend the night. We love the location of this hotel. It is downtown and many things to do are within walking distance. The hotel is going through a major renovation and our room was very clean and new. We were treated very nicely by the hotel staff and we would like to thank Michael in management for setting up our room for us on such short notice. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel1_13

Thank you for your recent response and positive comments about our hotel and staff. On behalf of our entire Hilton team of associates I want to thank you for staying with us and recognizing the efforts of Michael and his team.

John D'Adamo